Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    All of a sudden I seem to get notifications everytime some people post anything on Facebook. These people aren't in the 'close friends' and I haven't changed anything so I get notifications when people post...

When you look at the notifications, a RSS feed like icon shows at the side of it. Anyone know how to turn this off?

ReputationRep:
    I get notifications about my ex. Drives me mad and is pretty depressing seeing her positive things whilst nothing's changed for me in the past year. As far as I can tell you can't stop it though its really annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GluedToMyBedroom)
    I get notifications about my ex. Drives me mad and is pretty depressing seeing her positive things whilst nothing's changed for me in the past year. As far as I can tell you can't stop it though its really annoying.
    Best thing i ever did was remove my ex from facebook altogether. Felt so much healthier after that.

Well, the best thing I did was ditch facebook altogether but that's for another thread.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I had that recently. It just said '[Person's Name] just shared a link', happened a few times. I wasn't 'following' them and they weren't even in close friends.

Its not very easy to change notification settings either, you basically have to do it individually when you get a notification comes up, you can't do it through the main settings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    Best thing i ever did was remove my ex from facebook altogether. Felt so much healthier after that.

Well, the best thing I did was ditch facebook altogether but that's for another thread.
    Unfortunately we're still relatively good friends and share a lot of friends and hang out occasionally so that would be a bit impractical, I just don't want to be notified every time she posts a positive thing about her love life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GluedToMyBedroom)
    Unfortunately we're still relatively good friends and share a lot of friends and hang out occasionally so that would be a bit impractical, I just don't want to be notified every time she posts a positive thing about her love life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can see how that would be awkward for you. It's not so nice seeing your ex brag about the great stuff in their life on Facebook. I'm sure there's a way to stop those notifications, try hovering over the button that says you're friends with them on their profile and there's options for notifications etc there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Facebook randomly started putting people in a "star" list which means you notified whenever they do anything. Just go on their page and remove them from this list and voila!

ReputationRep:
    There is a way to stop it, I forgot how thought :/ I'll post tomorrow how to when I'm at my computer. (If they haven't changed it that is)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.