Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Failed 1 piece of work Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can anyone offer some help... I have failed 1 piece of academic work, after resubmitting I have failed again. I am in my final placement of my 3 year mental health nursing hons degree and have secured a job for when I finish. Because of failing this work from semester 2, I now am unable to qualify but as my course is no longer running the university are going to have to offer relearning to fit in with their schedules.
    im wondering if anyone knows if because I have 300 credits and not the 360 needed for an hons degree could I qualify with an ordinary degree instead? No one at Uni has mentioned this option BUT tbh I have had very little support from them anyway. I have passed every other element of the course with this one piece messing it up for me. I failed by 6%, extremely frustrating when the course is no longer running so not as easy to relearn!

Im just wondering If this can be done in nursing? As the diploma group will be qualifying with a diploma I wondered if this could be a possibility as I really want to start my job and also graduate with my fellow cohort and not on my own!

if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it! Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    It's probably worth getting in touch with the NMC to see if you would be able to register with 300 credits, if you can then there shouldn't be a problem with starting your job but I don't know how it works so you're best off getting in touch with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply, I have checked the NMC and it says 300 credits of which 60 much be at level 6 which I do have. Feeling a bit anxious at thinking I could actually register with this now but do you know if Unis allow you to take a lesser degree if your doing an hons degree?! I'm at salford and it says some courses you are expected to complete all modules to achieve the hons degree. Bit confused but feeling much better now I think it's okay! Thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Ring the uni. They will be the ones saying you've passed the course. Although I know people who have transferred from BSc to DipHE that was at the end of second year. I would imagine due to the fact you've completed the BSc for the entire course the NMC may stipulate you have to have completed the required course and thus won't be able to register until you've re-sat. But as I say the uni are probably the best ones to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'm hoping to hear back from Uni tomorrow. I don't get my full results letter until the end of aug so it's a bit frustrating as they won't give me anything definite until I get that. Thanks for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, heard back from Uni today. The ordinary degree isn't offered on my course so it isn't an option! Just great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.