Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied and got into both, but im wondering which one is better and why?
    Exeter- Economics and Finance
    Bocconi - Bachelor in international economics,finance and management

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who did an exchange at Bocconi for a year and said that the lectures were a joke compared to what he was used to. The workload was minimal and he told me stories of how you can defer your exams or just sit them whenever suits you. The most shocking anecdote is of someone who just deferred all his exams until the final semester of his third year to sit them all.

I cannot guarantee that these stories weren't inflated but I hope that this is helpful in some way.

ReputationRep:
    I think that story is inflated. I don't know what uni your friend compared Bocconi with but the workload is not exactly low. As for deferring exams, there is some flexibility in the system in that the majority of students go on exchange and/or internships, and might have to take some exams later. That said, students are strongly advised against deferring exams if it can be avoided.

Arnstein Aassve

ReputationRep:
    I also think the story was inflated. U need to consider that Bocconi is anyways part of the Italian university system, where there is more flexibility on exams dates (but usually higher contact hours load).

I do not know what the connections with the world of business are for Exeter, but I do know that they are incredible at Bocconi. You might also consider if you would like to spend your career, or part of it, in Italy or continental Europe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.