Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have seen Grenoble Graduate School of Business (GGSB) based in France is highly ranked for Masters in Finance in Financial Times. This French school offered some of its programmes in London School of Business and Finance (LSBF), and the graduate certificate from LSBF is no difference from that from the main campus (France).

However, I am not sure if doing this GGSB programme in London would be widely recognised by employers and academics. It is because LSBF is not very famous in the UK and in the World, and there are not much information about this on the internet.

Are there any differences between doing the programme in London campus (LSBF) and in main campus (GGSB) in terms of recognition of degree, employability and academic reputation?

Cheers!
    Victoria

ReputationRep:
    Q: Do the same Grenoble academics teach the course at LSBF or is just a franchise operation? LSBF has a questionable reputation for teaming up with various partner institutions and announce new courses with great fanfare. Then the partnership is discountinued after a few years, its track record is iffy.

Why would you take the light LSBF option if you can have the original Grenoble experience?

ReputationRep:
    It's because I don't speak French. I'm afraid I may not be able to get the place or adapt to the life in France.

ReputationRep:
    Do you register with lsbf though? What happens if the partner institution Grenoble cancels the partnership before you've finished the degree? I'd look into that given lsbf's history if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    Hello there,

We’re aware that this is an old thread, but thought it would be useful to post a clarification.

LSBF has a longstanding partnership with Grenoble Graduate School of Management which started in 2005 with the introduction of the GGSB MBA programme. GGSB is a triple-accredited institution, an honour shared by less than 1% of world's elite business schools. LSBF also offers GGSB’s Masters in Finance which has been ranked 7th best worldwide by the Financial Times in 2013, and their Masters in International Business (MIB), ranked the 13th best worldwide by the same newspaper. September 2012 saw the launch of the GGSB MSc Fashion, Design & Luxury Management - and from September 2014, LSBF will be adding the GGSB MSc Marketing Management course to the portfolio.

If you have any questions, we will be more than happy to help.

Best regards,
    LSBF Social Media Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LSBF)
    Hello there,

We’re aware that this is an old thread, but thought it would be useful to post a clarification.

LSBF has a longstanding partnership with Grenoble Graduate School of Management which started in 2005 with the introduction of the GGSB MBA programme. GGSB is a triple-accredited institution, an honour shared by less than 1% of world's elite business schools. LSBF also offers GGSB’s Masters in Finance which has been ranked 7th best worldwide by the Financial Times in 2013, and their Masters in International Business (MIB), ranked the 13th best worldwide by the same newspaper. September 2012 saw the launch of the GGSB MSc Fashion, Design & Luxury Management - and from September 2014, LSBF will be adding the GGSB MSc Marketing Management course to the portfolio.

If you have any questions, we will be more than happy to help.

Best regards,
    LSBF Social Media Team
    Hello,
    i am interested in GGSB Master in Finance, and i would like to know, whether the degree is from Grenoble or from LSFB. Is there any difference concerning the degree between the London campus or the Grenoble campus Or the degree certificates are exactly the same no matter where you study

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i am interested in GGSB Master in Finance, and i would like to know, whether the degree is from Grenoble or from LSFB. Is there any difference concerning the degree between the London campus or the Grenoble campus Or the degree certificates are exactly the same no matter where you study

ReputationRep:
    Hi nikos, the degree is the same, teaching and everything academical is delivered by Grenoble Graduate School of Business. LSBF just offers the rooms. I would still never mention LSBF. I will actually start my studies there in september, offer accepted :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hi nikos, the degree is the same, teaching and everything academical is delivered by Grenoble Graduate School of Business. LSBF just offers the rooms. I would still never mention LSBF. I will actually start my studies there in september, offer accepted :-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.