Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Son is off to Uni to study Accounting & Finance and I wondered if you could advise on which stationery items will be of help. For e.g. he always used squared paper pads for his Maths GCSE and A Level. Trying to sort out all the things he may need as it's only a few weeks away now. Do you use laptops in class/lectures? He has a laptop but it is a 17" screen so a bit big to lug around and wondering whether a netbook maybe of more use to take to lectures etc.

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be doing accounting and finance too come September and have done my fair bit of research. Subsequently, I'm just going to be bringing lined paper, a few biros, a highlighter and a calculator. Folders too, for organisation at accommodation, but not to bring to lectures.

Bringing a laptop to lectures seems like needless effort while the tapping of the keyboard and humming of the fan can be annoying to those around the laptop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nervous Mum)
    Hi

Son is off to Uni to study Accounting & Finance and I wondered if you could advise on which stationery items will be of help. For e.g. he always used squared paper pads for his Maths GCSE and A Level. Trying to sort out all the things he may need as it's only a few weeks away now. Do you use laptops in class/lectures? He has a laptop but it is a 17" screen so a bit big to lug around and wondering whether a netbook maybe of more use to take to lectures etc.

Many thanks
    Laptop or Netbook no real use in lectures. Lined paper, pen, pencil, ruler & calculators are about all that are required

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2013
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.