Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Writing Down my Job Responsibilities and Achievements Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello !
    I am writing down my volunteer work experience and I want to write about a marketing project I had done as a semester project of an elective course in Fall, 2011.
    Now, firstly English is not a first language for me and secondly, I am not a full time business student, so I am not familiar with the appropriate terminology to describe my job responsibilities and achievements. So I am unable to appropriately put it down in such a way that it is brief and professional.

I was assigned to choose some product and market it at a 3 days long shopping exhibition at a local park. The target was to generate a maximum revenue and sell the product, while the marketing strategy was actively and sharply monitored.

What I did includes:
    Brainstorming about what possibly could be the product, estimation of my target audience and my potential clients, and performed SWOT analysis of the possible options and finally outsourced an artisan for making some greeting cards for me. I negotiated a successful deal with them (including finances, product quality and other things), defined a strategy based on SWOT performed again (which included social media marketing prior to the exhibition, appealing music, and an inviting stall with attractive posters and ambiance) and i communicated successfully with most of the people coming to my stall i generated a very good revenue and sold my cards on the second day of the event, that is before the anticipated time.
    This earned me a critical acclaim and encouraging applause from my teacher who only appreciates the deserving students.

Now, I can't give it more than 3 to 4 sentences. and I don't know how to name the skills or appropriate words for the description I gave. Can somebody kindly help me with it.

Thanks in advance.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.