The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Rejected for A101, just now. Still waiting for A100. Good luck guys!
Reply 3241
:unimpressed:
I'm turning off..
I'll speak to you all tomorrow at 4.30 PM!
Good luck for tomorrow!
Reply 3243
Original post by General Maximus

So gutted to hear that! Good luck for A100!
Reply 3244
Original post by General Maximus

That sucks. Did you have your interview at Barts?
Original post by oz40
That sucks. Did you have your interview at Barts?

Yes
Rejection from Barts, still nothing from warwick. Will withdraw warwick and firm St George's.
I dont understand whats going on with Barts. There are so many applicants waiting and tomorrow was the last day according to them. I am getting really annoyed with them :/
Original post by lemazinator
Rejection from Barts, still nothing from warwick. Will withdraw warwick and firm St George's.

SORRY to hear about that. Was it rejection from A101 or A100?
A101, all are for gem for me.
Reply 3250
Don't want to be sceptical, but is there really still 'lots' of people waiting to hear? TSR is not represnatvie of whole applicant pool. Im still waiting to hear as well. Dont want to be too pessimistic, but what if barths already has handed out all its offers and is now in the process of rejections/ waiting list? I mean wednesday, thrusday and friday, there were offers given out? Im really worried too but Im mentally preparing myself. Has someone phoned barts and enquired if they have offers left???
Any international applicants heard back?
Original post by mun_96
Don't want to be sceptical, but is there really still 'lots' of people waiting to hear? TSR is not represnatvie of whole applicant pool. Im still waiting to hear as well. Dont want to be too pessimistic, but what if barths already has handed out all its offers and is now in the process of rejections/ waiting list? I mean wednesday, thrusday and friday, there were offers given out? Im really worried too but Im mentally preparing myself. Has someone phoned barts and enquired if they have offers left???

I know TSR isn't the representative of whole applicant pool. But i have a friend from other school from which 6 applicants applied. One of them got offer on friday, 2 got rejected on monday and 3 are yet to hear. Its one of the top schools so i don't know what to say. I called them up today and they said there are still offers left. I am mentally preparing myself too :frown:
Original post by mun_96

I thought someone received an offer yesterday (38 IB points, 666 at HL subjects...) Don't worry. I haven't heard back either. We still have a chance tomorrow, if not next Monday :smile: Good luck!
Reply 3254
Original post by jollygood
I know TSR isn't the representative of whole applicant pool. But i have a friend from other school from which 6 applicants applied. One of them got offer on friday, 2 got rejected on monday and 3 are yet to hear. Its one of the top schools so i don't know what to say. I called them up today and they said there are still offers left. I am mentally preparing myself too :frown:

KK, thanks for updating everyone and sharing ur information, its extremely helpful at this time. If 3 people stil havent heard, thats weird. In my school, 2 people were rejected post- interview on Monday and I am still waiting to hear. If tomorrow is meant to be deadline, they have a lot of decisions to give tomorrow. I honestly think we're going to go into next week ;(
Reply 3255
Original post by mandyy1234
I thought someone received an offer yesterday (38 IB points, 666 at HL subjects...) Don't worry. I haven't heard back either. We still have a chance tomorrow, if not next Monday :smile: Good luck!

KK, thanks for the good luck mandy! Hope you receive an offer too! I was on about school- leavers doing A levels aminly, as there seem to be relatively scarce A- level school leavers with offers since Friday. I hope Barts have really changed the order of the process this year because last year it was grad offers, reappicant offers, school leaver (IB and A-level) offers, and then finally rejections and waiting list. But it seems not many school- leavers (especially A- levelt takers) have heard back yet and it seems there have been more A- level takers rejected than accepted. Im still a hopeful :smile:
Original post by mandyy1234
Any international applicants heard back?

nope :'( I literally can't sleep at night because I keep checking my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mun_96
KK, thanks for updating everyone and sharing ur information, its extremely helpful at this time. If 3 people stil havent heard, thats weird. In my school, 2 people were rejected post- interview on Monday and I am still waiting to hear. If tomorrow is meant to be deadline, they have a lot of decisions to give tomorrow. I honestly think we're going to go into next week ;(

Did a total of 3 students from your school applied to Barts? It seems like Barts is rejecting loads of people this time. From what information i have A100 year 13 students were rejected on Monday and Tuesday. I havent seen any A100 rejections after Tuesday for Year 13's doing A level. This shows that either we are going to be put on waiting list or may be all of us waiting are going to get offers because if we were meant to get rejected we would have heard on Monday or Tuesday!!
Original post by mun_96
KK, thanks for the good luck mandy! Hope you receive an offer too! I was on about school- leavers doing A levels aminly, as there seem to be relatively scarce A- level school leavers with offers since Friday. I hope Barts have really changed the order of the process this year because last year it was grad offers, reappicant offers, school leaver (IB and A-level) offers, and then finally rejections and waiting list. But it seems not many school- leavers (especially A- levelt takers) have heard back yet and it seems there have been more A- level takers rejected than accepted. Im still a hopeful :smile:

This is exactly what i am thinking that there are more A100 year 13's that are rejected than accepted and if Barts give out nearly 500 offers this makes me hopeful that we will all get offers. Because they have clearly changed their policy
Reply 3259
Original post by jollygood
Did a total of 3 students from your school applied to Barts? It seems like Barts is rejecting loads of people this time. From what information i have A100 year 13 students were rejected on Monday and Tuesday. I havent seen any A100 rejections after Tuesday for Year 13's doing A level. This shows that either we are going to be put on waiting list or may be all of us waiting are going to get offers because if we were meant to get rejected we would have heard on Monday or Tuesday!!

It seems even today was a rejection day. No one has posted that they received an offer today. There was a total of 4 who applied from my school, one got rejected pre- itnerview, the reamining 3 (including me) had interviews. my interview was one day earlier compared with the other 2 candidates in my school, they both got rejected Monday post- interview unfortunately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending