The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

how did you revise for AS exams ( for my bro) could you pm me !

You will defo get an offer !
Reply 501
Hi all,

I also applied for Barts A101 and don't worry about the confirmation email! Mine took forever to come! For all of you who may not have received it yet, here's what it said (personal info removed):

Dear Santi_92

Re: UFQM-A101-09, MBBS Medicine - Graduate Entry Programme (4 year),

Thank you for applying to Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry. Your application for the above course is now being processed.

If you wish to track the progress of your application please use UCAS Track:
http://www.ucas.com/students/track/

For any admissions related enquiry please send an e-mail to [email protected], quoting your application reference number which is *********.

If you have a general enquiry, such as fees, accommodation etc, please use Ask QM, our 24 hour virtual advisor:
http://www.qmul.ac.uk/ask/

You can also obtain advice and guidance throughout the application process by visiting the QM Admissions Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Queen-Mary-University-of-London-Admissions-Office/150791621674606
or Twitter/qmadmissions: http://twitter.com/#!/qmadmissions

To ensure you receive all email correspondence from this office, please save our email address ([email protected]) in your contacts list.

Admissions Office
Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry
(edited 10 years ago)
I called Barts today and they said they are sending confirmation in batches. They said it does not imply any priority for interview. So I am trying not to get worried.
Reply 503
Original post by santi_92

For any admissions related enquiry please send an e-mail to smdadmissions@qmul.ac.uk, quoting your application reference number which is xxxxxxxxx.

What an unfortunate email address :P
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi all,
I also applied for Barts A101 and don't worry about the confirmation email! Mine took forever to come! For all of you who may not have received it yet, here's what it said (personal info removed):

Hey, what are you 'stats'?

Original post by KanKan

Hah! You might need to explain that to a few!

Original post by Don Jesu

Is the format for the selection centre interview the same as the Barts A100 one Maximus?

Hey Jesu, excuse the late reply.

For the A100 at Barts it won't be a selection centre.

Here is a text taken from their website regarding A100 interviews:

"Normally interview panels consist of two members of senior academic or clinical staff and sometimes a lay selector."

http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/medicine/A100/
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 505
Maximus, when you say stats, do you mean my ukcat and degree?
Reply 506
Dunno why people are stressing/comparing stats for people who are just getting confirmation emails, it makes no difference, if UCAS received your application before the deadline and you can view and see QMUL (for Medicine) on track, then you should be fine. Geez chill guys :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Maximus, when you say stats, do you mean my ukcat and degree?

Yes, that's what I mean. Sorry for not being too clear!
Reply 508
Original post by General Maximus
Yes, that's what I mean. Sorry for not being too clear!

Oh right.
UKCAT -725 average
Currently in the final year of my biomedical science degree. My tutor predicted me a 1st class.
Still no email...and the reason why it's worrying me and I guess everyone else is because you start jumping to conclusions that there is one big long list already and I am not a high priority :////

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 510
Original post by LRichards0891
Still no email...and the reason why it's worrying me and I guess everyone else is because you start jumping to conclusions that there is one big long list already and I am not a high priority :////

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't gotten my confirmation email either! :frown:
Original post by franngu
I haven't gotten my confirmation email either! :frown:

in the same situation guys :frown: I called them up and they said they're sending them out in batches and we should hopefully get an email by Monday! they seem to be taking soo long to give out confirmations...they'll get our ukcat scores this week anyways... might as well give out interviews now instead of confirmation emails :P
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 512
I don't think that any of you guys should be worried at all if you haven't received confirmation. Barts are notoriously known for taking a long time to send out emails. As long as your ucas says that you are being considered, you're fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KanKan

It appears that I'm too dumb to understand what you mean. Please enlighten me :colondollar:
Reply 514
Original post by XingBairong
It appears that I'm too dumb to understand what you mean. Please enlighten me :colondollar:

:google: smd..
Reply 515
When do graduates get interviewed for the A100 course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KanKan
:google: smd..

LOL I actually did that earlier as I had no idea what it meant :P
still no confirmation email!!!!! :frown:
Reply 518
Original post by PAT330

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some graduates will be offered a A100 place if they weren't successful in their A101 interview (which I think are in feb? don't quote me though) but are still of a high standard. I think its at least 30% if not more of Barts medical students are graduates whether they are on the 5 or 4 year course

I know this doesnt answer your question directly sorry...
Hey guys, I've just called called the admissions team and they've said that there's a 'glitch' with sending out the confirmations - nothing to worry about.

They will also send you a confirmation e-mail right away if you call them and provide your surname and/or UCAS Personal ID - which they did so for me.

Original post by DysDoc
Some graduates will be offered a A100 place if they weren't successful in their A101 interview

That is false.

To be considered for the A100 you must apply to the A100 programme. Having said that, KCL's G/PEP follow the procedure you're referring to.

Original post by DysDoc
(which I think are in feb? don't quote me though)

Yes, for the A101 programme the selection centre is held in February.

Original post by PAT330

Interview dates for the A100 range from January till February. So, I'd expect invitations from late December till February.

Quick Reply