The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by AlfredChin
a question to distract us from the dreadful wait:

does anyone know how the PBL is at Barts?

From what I've heard, Bart's is quite traditional in it's teaching - lectures and tutorials, not much PBL, unlike for example, Glasgow, which is entirely PBL.

Hope this helps :\

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 601
I've heard that they have a PBL session every week, so that they have 1 week to study the problem and find a 'solution' to it. Every once in a while, they have to write a proper report about a PBL case which they turn in and have it marked so that it contributes to the final grade. At least that's what I remember from a chat I've had last year with a 1st year student :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
haha I've JUST received my confirmation email, AFTER emailed them asking about where the hell it is.

Not impressed barts, not impressed at all.
(Although an offer would make up for the anger)
Reply 603
Has anyone rang/emailed them to asj when we should ve expecting interview invites?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ha I would also like to know this although I'm too scared to call myself in case it's soon :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
For interviews, they say they send invites as late as January

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 606
i have done any science A level, and my gcses weren't great, do i still stand a chance for the foundation programmes for medicine, if i achieve A*AA, at A level?

thanks
Reply 607
Isit true barts have changed to mmi interviews now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nana96

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so! Although they run the selection centre (in conjunction with Warwick) for their grad entry course and the format of that has always been MMI.
Reply 609
Original post by nana96

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont think they have MMI interviews... I think it's a semi structured interview which means you still get a bit of panel interview questions. Could anyone shed light on this?
Reply 610
Original post by nhta112
I dont think they have MMI interviews... I think it's a semi structured interview which means you still get a bit of panel interview questions. Could anyone shed light on this?

When I called them, they told me for undergraduates it is a semi-structured interview with 2 or 3 panel members, one is usually a medical student and everyone receives similar questions. I don't think they use your PS for it.
Reply 611
Original post by PG593
When I called them, they told me for undergraduates it is a semi-structured interview with 2 or 3 panel members, one is usually a medical student and everyone receives similar questions. I don't think they use your PS for it.

On the contrary, for undergrads I believe it is mainly PS based,other than the ethical questions surrounding the news article they give you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 612
Original post by PG593

Thanks a lot! Did you call them recently?
Reply 613
What's taking them so long?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StephenNaulls
What's taking them so long?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldn't expect much this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 615
This thread is so quiet! It's right to think that we shouldn't really hear anything until the new year, yeah?
Reply 616
Original post by jemimii
This thread is so quiet! It's right to think that we shouldn't really hear anything until the new year, yeah?

I'd say December, since interviews start in January (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 617
Original post by franngu
I'd say December, since interviews start in January (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks! In the open day the speaker said that they try to get out all pre-interview rejections in December as well
Reply 618
According to the stalking page last year, people started to hear from Barts from 11/12 ish .... so it's still a long time to go!!!!
I got rejected early December last year so really hoping it does not happen again :frown: maybe they are sorting out rejections first :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest