The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hl7495
one station i was awful and he wrote somethig at the bottom of my sheet outside of the comments box and underlined it i dont know what that means :/ one i think i mightve scraped by at te time but the score might end up decent and the others i dont know what was right or wrong so i have literalky no idea it didnt go as well as leeds so i probably havnt got an offer you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine one was better, I think anyways. Some stations went really well, actually get this one of the other applicants told me that the station I just done went really well so he was impressed, one station could have gone better... So can't say anything. Overall it was good, but I can't guarantee it.. What's really sad is that I still have not heard back from newcastle either and they really liked my accent.... I really think that the newcastle interview went well.. Ahh what's going on? I would really love to work at university after I complete the course.
Reply 3021
Original post by purple and gold
Mine one was better, I think anyways. Some stations went really well, actually get this one of the other applicants told me that the station I just done went really well so he was impressed, one station could have gone better... So can't say anything. Overall it was good, but I can't guarantee it.. What's really sad is that I still have not heard back from newcastle either and they really liked my accent.... I really think that the newcastle interview went well.. Ahh what's going on? I would really love to work at university after I complete the course.

There you go then! I felt leeds went good and i got an offer so believe it :smile: what accent is that? I felt really northern at leicester and when i told people where i was from they all sinultaneously said "i can tell" haha
Reply 3022

And dont worry its still very early days i havnt even been rejected or interviewed at durham ... dont know what happened there (i am obviously realistic about the outcome at this point in time but i dont know why i havnt heard yet)
Original post by hl7495
There you go then! I felt leeds went good and i got an offer so believe it :smile: what accent is that? I felt really northern at leicester and when i told people where i was from they all sinultaneously said "i can tell" haha

I feel it went good but still have nothing to show for it. Its an Irish accent, I moved from Ireland to UK to complete my a levels. Only time will tell ... :smile:
Original post by hl7495
And dont worry its still very early days i havnt even been rejected or interviewed at durham ... dont know what happened there (i am obviously realistic about the outcome at this point in time but i dont know why i havnt heard yet)

Ohh, really, if you don't mind what was your ukcat score?
Reply 3025
Original post by Shivani Kotecha
I just got an offer from leicester!

Congratulation!! Are you home or international student, A100 or A101 course.
Original post by skjsy
Congratulation!! Are you home or international student, A100 or A101 course.

She answered that :tongue: she is a ug home applicant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3027
Ohh, really, if you don't mind what was your ukcat score?

710 which is obviously lower than the cut off but i dont know what happened to my application if all pre int rejections have been given out? It will delay my process of firming amd then applying for accomodation etc i dont know what to do hmn

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3028
Anymore international applicants still waiting for a reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hl7495
710 which is obviously lower than the cut off but i dont know what happened to my application if all pre int rejections have been given out? It will delay my process of firming amd then applying for accomodation etc i dont know what to do hmn

Posted from TSR Mobile

:eek:
WHAT IS THE CUT-OFF?!
Reply 3030
Original post by malik8050
WHAT IS THE CUT-OFF?!

This is for durham... there is no published cut off but people with a higher score have been rejected so i can guesd mine is too below the threshold :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hl7495
This is for durham... there is no published cut off but people with a higher score have been rejected so i can guesd mine is too below the threshold :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

WHAT IS THE CUT-OFF?!

The cutoff for newcastle and Durham was 750. Fortunately, I received an early interview in December but I haven't heard back yet...
It is higher than last year.

I am also waiting for Leicester and Newcastle... It's been over 4 months since both interviews for me !
Original post by Tinuviel
I am also waiting for Leicester and Newcastle... It's been over 4 months since both interviews for me !

Finally someone who understands my situation. I had my newcastle interview on the 5th of December and Leicester was 28th January. How did both your interviews go?
Reply 3034

Its frustrating waiting so long but atleast you've got your Kings offer to fall back on :smile:
Reply 3035

Me too! My Newc interview was early December and Leicester was mid December - I just want them to reply so I can start firming and put ucas behind me once and for all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I received an unconditional offer this afternoon.
Undergraduate entry.
Interview: 18 February.
UKCAT: 715
Reply 3037
I received an unconditional offer this afternoon.
Undergraduate entry.
Interview: 18 February.
UKCAT: 715

Congratulations to you. Can't imagine for one moment that my French would get me into a med school in France! Will you firm your Leicester offer?
Reply 3038
Original post by petzneo
Hey, thanks again. Just wondering what your BMAT score for UCL was?

Hey, sorry for the late response! My BMAT score is 7.5, 5.8 and 3.5B :-)
Original post by Dr Gin
Congratulations to you. Can't imagine for one moment that my French would get me into a med school in France! Will you firm your Leicester offer?

Yes I confirmed it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending