The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr. Django
You'll see after your interview. For most stations I'd agree with them, but some of them you will know if you've done ****...and I know I got zero :smile:

Ahh now as soon as i get to that station I will smile and feel the gloom :redface: Is it quiet early on? (just checking so my confidence isn't destroyed for the rest)
how many stations do people feel that preparation really helps?
Original post by GCSE-help
Ahh now as soon as i get to that station I will smile and feel the gloom :redface: Is it quiet early on? (just checking so my confidence isn't destroyed for the rest)

You'll probably find it easy, I just screwed up :smile: There are other stations that may be more challenging, it was just something I personally found difficult, but others may excel :smile:

And the way it works is everyone in your group of 8 is given a number (1-8), that is your starting position and then you move round from 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1 :smile: I really wouldn't get concerned, I'm just venting a little because all was going well until that one! (but as I say, others found it decent, its really dependent on your skill set and what you are good at :smile:!) Good luck, and dont be too nervous! The day as a whole was really enjoyable, and the interview itself was quite fun at times!
Reply 1243
It is only me really :tongue: It isn't that bad really, I'm just a bit dense :tongue: We can't tell you what it is, but it's nothing you should be worried about :smile: I'm more frustrated because on that station I didn't perform to the best of my ability, but 1/8 isn't THAT bad...i hope

any chance it was the one to do with data analysis? sounds like the one everyone hated most on here lol
Original post by cc1805
any chance it was the one to do with data analysis? sounds like the one everyone hated most on here lol

I liked that one :tongue: as I say, its dependent on your individual skill sets :smile:
Reply 1245
is ANY of it preparable?
You'll probably find it easy, I just screwed up :smile: There are other stations that may be more challenging, it was just something I personally found difficult, but others may excel :smile:

And the way it works is everyone in your group of 8 is given a number (1-8), that is your starting position and then you move round from 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-1 :smile: I really wouldn't get concerned, I'm just venting a little because all was going well until that one! (but as I say, others found it decent, its really dependent on your skill set and what you are good at :smile:!) Good luck, and dont be too nervous! The day as a whole was really enjoyable, and the interview itself was quite fun at times!

Thanks a lot :biggrin:

You're sounding confident, I have a feeling you may have your offer within a week or two. Fingers crossed :smile:
Just to clarify guys, as I don't want to accidentally worry people:

There is nothing absurdly difficult in these MMI's! They are challenging, like most interviews, but are a lot more varied :smile: As there are 8 stations, most candidates are bound to find one or 2 particularly challenging, and 1 or 2 that are comparably pretty decent! We all have different skills and find different things easy/hard; there is no 'station of doom', I was just saying about how I personally found one station insanely hard! For some of the people in my group they really liked this station and they hated one I liked! It's not as simple as there being 'hard' and 'easy' stations, just ones that we as individuals find more challenging given our skill set!

Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by GCSE-help
Thanks a lot :biggrin:

You're sounding confident, I have a feeling you may have your offer within a week or two. Fingers crossed :smile:

Cheers mate, I'd love an early offer but due to my cataclysmic failure on one of the tasks I can't see myself being one of the lucky few that gets an early christmas present :smile:

I dont care when my offer comes, it could be the 31st march or even after results day! I just want one :tongue:

Good luck to you, the reason I maybe sound confident is that despite some sections of my interview being...less than perfect, I really enjoyed the day, met some nice people and had a good time :smile:
Original post by izzaha
I think I spoke to you today, I was the girl with the headscarf :P awks if this is the wrong person, anyway now we wait... I wonder when we'll hear back?

Hey! Of course! I was just wondering if anyone else from our group was on TSR, there are many of us that had the MMI today. Soon I hope! x)
I found that ok but I DESPISED number 5...I think I got 0 on it haha

Station 5 was absolutely dreadful..... none of the others seemed too bad in comparison
All of the people from my group also struggled with it so that gives me some reassurance
Cheers mate, I'd love an early offer but due to my cataclysmic failure on one of the tasks I can't see myself being one of the lucky few that gets an early christmas present :smile:

I dont care when my offer comes, it could be the 31st march or even after results day! I just want one :tongue:

Good luck to you, the reason I maybe sound confident is that despite some sections of my interview being...less than perfect, I really enjoyed the day, met some nice people and had a good time :smile:

Good stuff. I see what you mean, i'd be happy with an offer anytime anywhere :smile:
Original post by Tinuviel
Station 5 was absolutely dreadful..... none of the others seemed too bad in comparison
All of the people from my group also struggled with it so that gives me some reassurance

Oh wow thank the lord, HAALALLLLLEUELFGWIF GIWGFGSG IFFWG FJAH!! I've been stressing out absolutely loads over that station as I completely flopped on it!! I think I did worse than almost everyone (i.e.. I got between 1 and 0...)BUT if that's the station everyone did badly on...maybe my epic failure wont be quite as epic?!?! Here's hoping :tongue: My favourite station by a mile was number 6, really enjoyed that one!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1253
are there any stations where they ask about you as a person (e.g. work ex) or is it purely just on things that aren't specific to you? :smile:
Original post by hl7495
Do you have an exceptional circumstances or anything? When did you find out about your interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, found out a couple of weeks ago :smile:
Reply 1255
Hey there :smile: I enjoyed the interview overall today and some stations went pretty well but there was one where I think I got zero...do you think I've still got a chance if I completely failed 1 of the stations but all the rest were at least 'alright'?

Just gutted that I crumbled for that one when all the rest I performed pretty much as well a I could have! (doesnt mean I performed that well :tongue:)

You've definitely got a chance! Every station is worth the same :smile:
Last minute question- my interview Is tomorrow morning, if you bring a bag is there a safe place to put it or do you have to take it round with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh wow thank the lord, HAALALLLLLEUELFGWIF GIWGFGSG IFFWG FJAH!! I've been stressing out absolutely loads over that station as I completely flopped on it!! I think I did worse than almost everyone (i.e.. I got between 1 and 0...)BUT if that's the station everyone did badly on...maybe my epic failure wont be quite as epic?!?! Here's hoping :tongue: My favourite station by a mile was number 7, really enjoyed that one!

I probably got a 0 as well as I did not even finish in time.
My favourite station was 3, at least I think that's what the number was...it was empathy-based:colondollar:
Reply 1258
if you're currently in Y13 you don't need to bring any certificates with you, do you?
Original post by Tinuviel
I probably got a 0 as well as I did not even finish in time.
My favourite station was 3, at least I think that's what the number was...it was empathy-based:colondollar:

Well hopefully one poor station doesn't negate the rest of it! Same here :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest