Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    The new one I've got is Mahogany, 10 1/2", with unicorn hair. It's very stiff, and good for protective spells. The main one is Sycamore, 9" w/phoenix feather, and a pretty good all-rounder. It's got a lovely leather handle, which I believe is unique.

You should have seen my old one, before it got broken: Koa, 12", gut core (I forget what it was from), and excellent for charms, especially those connected with music.

You might think I'm daft getting a new wand, but I thought I might be wise to start protecting myself! I tell you what, it makes a really good Patronus.
    I suggest you find the wand which suits you best :p:

To have too many wands can disrupt your magic flow and not let you use your magic to the best of your abilities

ReputationRep:
    last day of channukah tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kestral)
    last day of channukah tomorrow!
    Oh! Have fun! Any specific closing celebration?

btw, what's your wand kez? :hmmmm:

I missed it again?

Kagutsuchi, I'm trying to find one that's good for me. The old (Koa) one really was, but it got broken in a duel about a year ago, and I got the Sycamore one, but it never really did anything for me, never felt comfortable for me. But this new one; it's just as good as the old one! Just needs to get used to me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    I missed it again?

Kagutsuchi, I'm trying to find one that's good for me. The old (Koa) one really was, but it got broken in a duel about a year ago, and I got the Sycamore one, but it never really did anything for me, never felt comfortable for me. But this new one; it's just as good as the old one! Just needs to get used to me...
    Maybe you'd like this, a thin holly wand. It is just a bit over eight inches long. The core consists of hippogriff bone - great for defensive spells and charms.

That sounds different - who made it?

ReputationRep:
    Me.

Someone with no magical education, make a wand?

ReputationRep:
    Who says you need conventional education to posses gifts of greatness?

Even with gifts and incredible talents, you still have to be tought some things, even if it doesn't take you very long to learn.

Especially when making a wand; if you do it wrong, the results can be disastrous.

ReputationRep:
    Which is why I said "Conventional Education" and not just Education. Learn to read.

Kakn blit un auter, toches.

What happened to the protective charms around here, people?

*raises wand*

Incarcerus!

ReputationRep:
    Your feeble attempts at keeping me away fail. Muggle born.

Repelio muggletum!

ReputationRep:
    Once again your charms have no lasting effect, may I suggest you give up now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    :coma: I need some now!! :bawling:
    *makes mince pies appear with a spell and shares*

ReputationRep:
    Neither do I, nor do I care :p:

Hello Miss Enchanté How are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    I'm very well thankies how be you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm very cold...not used to this Scottish weather but otherwise I'm doing okay thank you

...you're a Hufflepuff too are you not?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear:p: I know what the weather is like up there this time of year sometimes go with my mum to see her side of the family up there.;yes;
    And I am:cool:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.