Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I missed my first choice offer and have now got a place at UCL am really happy but very worried about accomodation .Was wondering if anyone else has been in the same position before and what you did.I am struggling to find accomodation but I dont want to go private as I feel they rip you off.Can I still apply for intercollegiate halls?Whats the chance someone will drop out or not make their payment in time and I can take their place...I have the money to give for the deposit.

ReputationRep:
    UCL was my insurance choice too so I'm in the same position as you, but I'd prefer private to halls so that's what I'm investigating. I think it's like any market, there are good landlords and dodgy ones, and the tough part is figuring out which is which. But from reading other posts on this forum I think you should be able to find a room in halls if that's what you want. Apparently quite a lot of people change their minds or drop out at the start of term. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zergonipal)
    UCL was my insurance choice too so I'm in the same position as you, but I'd prefer private to halls so that's what I'm investigating. I think it's like any market, there are good landlords and dodgy ones, and the tough part is figuring out which is which. But from reading other posts on this forum I think you should be able to find a room in halls if that's what you want. Apparently quite a lot of people change their minds or drop out at the start of term. Good luck
    Thankyou!! Good Luck to you too and would you mind just pointing me in the direction of the other people who are discussing this on here like the name of the threads as I cant find them and just want to know how to do everything possible to secure a place in halls or a UCL student house this year.
    Thanks
    Olivia

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position. Contacting the Intercollegiate Halls on Friday, they told me that they had no openings and I'd need to go on a waiting list. I've also found the remaining private halls spaces to be more than I can afford, so I am in the middle of trying to secure private accommodation and contacting private landlords in the hope of finding private with UCL Freshers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia Sullivan)
    Thankyou!! Good Luck to you too and would you mind just pointing me in the direction of the other people who are discussing this on here like the name of the threads as I cant find them and just want to know how to do everything possible to secure a place in halls or a UCL student house this year.
    Thanks
    Olivia
    It's mentioned in this thread. The main thing is, don't panic! Even if you don't get into halls, London is full of rooms and houses for rent. We just have to find the right ones

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone also been unsuccessful in their application for UCL accomadation? I'm really confused as to what my options are.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to find short term accommodation in the hope that I could move into ucl accommodation, but its really way too expensive and a lot of effort. In the end I went private for the year.

ReputationRep:
    Where did you stay? I was looking at UNITE but people say that it isn't very good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andges)
    Where did you stay? I was looking at UNITE but people say that it isn't very good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    awks I'm staying at UNITE

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.