Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I'm going UEA in September and I'm worried about my money I'm lucky because my student will cover my rent but I'm worried about everything else? I have £250 saved to start me off but that's not going to last long. I did work for McDonald's until a month ago but quit because of unfair treatment. So I know my new bank account comes with £2000 overdraft does this mean I will have £2250 to spend? Confused please help
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    No, it means you have £250 to spend, and £2000 agreed dept. You need to look at the terms of your overdraft carefully and see when your bank would want this paid back- the terms will not be as generous as student finance. If you spend the whole year in your overdraft, the bank may chose to reduce it next year. Think of the overdraft for emergancies only.

Can your parents afford to give you any financial help? Do you get a bursary from the university?

To be honest, it looks likely that you will have to find a termtime job.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.