Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We've got less than a week left till we get our results....and I'm freaking out! For the last month, I've been having nightmares about results day...I get more worried with each passing day. Last night, I dreamt that I got pretty bad grades on results day, and a giant bird came down and ate me.

The main thing I'm worrying about is what my grades will be like compared to my friends'... I go to a grammar school and most people will be getting all A's and A*s.

I know it's not a huuuge deal, but I can't seem to get it out of my head!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ismailjan3)
    We've got less than a week left till we get our results....and I'm freaking out! For the last month, I've been having nightmares about results day...I get more worried with each passing day. Last night, I dreamt that I got pretty bad grades on results day, and a giant bird came down and ate me.

The main thing I'm worrying about is what my grades will be like compared to my friends'... I go to a grammar school and most people will be getting all A's and A*s.

Try and relax. And on results day don't feel the need to compare your results to your friends; be happy with what you achieved, instead of sizing your achievements up against your friends. For now go out with friends, watch a movie, anything that will detract your attention away from results day. Plus, try and reassure yourself that you did the best you could and nothing will change that; hopefully that will help calm you down
    Good luck for results day!

ReputationRep:

I really know how you feel! I keep getting dreams where I get no A*'s etc etc. I go to a pretty competitive school (I'm Asian and surrounded by Asians) so there's just a lot of pressure and competitors. I'm sure you did great though, good luck Enjoy the remainder of summer. xx

EDIT: Why all the negs, ffs.

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs are the easiest thing I've ever done. Seriously, don't sweat it everyone does well. Wait until A-Levels hahaha.

ReputationRep:

Feel free to PM me: If you'd like any more reassurances

ReputationRep:

Don't worry about it honeslty. If your grades are bad than you can always resit. I always get really scared about my results too. I done a mock in chemistry and got like a D.

ReputationRep:

Everyone's feeling a bit nervous, I guess mainly with subjects such as English and History which are very subjective which could be reflected in the marking. Calm yourself down and try not to worry - remember than when applying to uni, for jobs etc, missing one grade in a GCSE doesn't have a huge affect in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    I did Spanish, maths and latin early (in year ten), and in a dream I got:

Spanish - A*
    Maths - K
    Latin - P

Hopefully on results day all of my results will be real grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel5001)

Spanish - A*
    Maths - K
    Latin - P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Isn't it funny when in dreams something stupid happens and you don't question it, and then when you wake up, you're just like.... what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martie08)
    Isn't it funny when in dreams something stupid happens and you don't question it, and then when you wake up, you're just like.... what?
    Yh. Exactly. In my dream I thought that a K and a P were decent grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't nervous about my GCSEs on the basis that I'd already sat some of my exams / coursework and knew my grade in that. You should be the same and that should be a good indicator as to what you got in some subjects—the grade can't go up or down too much due to summer exams.

Why don't you try distracting yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I'm also nervous, so are most of my friends, so what were doing is were going home before opening the envelope, yeah it will be torture having it in your hands but it means people wont miver you for your results

ReputationRep:
    You are not the only one! I have a great ambition to get A* and I get As but not A* but this time I should get

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctordee)
    GCSEs are the easiest thing I've ever done. Seriously, don't sweat it everyone does well. Wait until A-Levels hahaha.
    whilst the wording of this was truly atrocious - i'm afraid the person ive quoted does have a point.

don't worry too much if you don't get the 6/7/8 A* grades at GCSE - IT DOES NOT MATTER GCSE's are a stepping stone to AS Levels , and Universities will be more concerned with how you do at AS level and your A2 predictions than your GCSE Results - however if you do achieve the top grades then well done and you definitely deserve them

but yes it does get hard at A-level , even if you get 10 A*'s at GCSE you will still need to improve your workload to cope with AS levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joel5001)

Spanish - A*
    Maths - K
    Latin - P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That shouldn't have amused me anywhere near as much as it did :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
    That shouldn't have amused me anywhere near as much as it did :^_^:
    Yh. lol when I woke up I found that so funny.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Had I dream I got -3 marks on all. The dreams most people, including myself, are stupid AF

ReputationRep:
    My arch-nemesis got 100% A* and I didn't.

...oh no, wait, that's not a dream

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctordee)
    boss

ReputationRep:
    By nightmares do you mean you have dreams of opening a sheet of U's lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.