Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to UCL or LSE. I'm considering law or politics, but I'm still not 100% what I really want to do. My AS results are aaaaaa in maths, chem, bio, English lit, geography and economics, and A* in Extended Project. What else should/could I apply for, which will get me a good job? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carrington)
    I want to go to UCL or LSE. I'm considering law or politics, but I'm still not 100% what I really want to do. My AS results are aaaaaa in maths, chem, bio, English lit, geography and economics, and A* in Extended Project. What else should/could I apply for, which will get me a good job? Thank you.
    Clearly, with those grade, you could apply for pretty much anything you wanted to apply for

I suggest looking at the flu list of courses available at top universities and reading about anything that catches your eye

ReputationRep:
    If you going to go to those universities do what you want to do not for the job prospects as, at the end of the day if you don't like what you're doing then you probably won't do that good and if you get a 2:1 of 1st then you'll most likely get a job anyways no matter what the course.

ReputationRep:
    wow with that many As you could go anywhere really. I would suggest finding a course that suited you before finding a uni though, just because ucl or wherever might not do a course you want or there might be better courses elsewhere. Have you thought about medicine? you have the grades and the right subjects (bio, chem, maths).

ReputationRep:
    Well, stop thinking about universities right now as you're going to get into all of them if you keep those grades up. Instead, focus on your potential course. What subject do you like the most at school, do you like writing essays or does the vocational/practical side of it make you more interested, what stuff do you watch documentaries about on tv, what things spike your interest when you're reading academic magazines? The more you pinpoint what type of degree you want to do the better your search for a uni can be. Once you've decided on courses, check out the UCAS website which has a list of all the courses - then, choose a grade cut off, say ABB or AAB and delete everything below that and then start looking around the websites and prospectuses of those universities left on your list. After that it's open day time to get a real feel of what the uni's like and whether you like it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.