Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: how do you deal with bad period pains? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've got awful cramps and I'm in bed with a hot water bottle. Any other tips for dealing with bad period pains?

ReputationRep:
    Ibraprofen is the best or paracetamol. Also if you sit with your knees to your tummy that normally helps (if you understand the position) lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peaches & Cream)
    I've got awful cramps and I'm in bed with a hot water bottle. Any other tips for dealing with bad period pains?
    Ibuprofen is definitely the best painkiller. Not only does it take away some of the pain from the cramps, it also reduces the blood flow by up to 10%, which can only be a good thing

Also, a drink of hot squash like ribena is good. Especially with an awful chick flick to take your mind off it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy but...I've heard going on the pill can help with period pain and regularity, so perhaps look into that if its really bad.

ReputationRep:
    I drink water and forget about it.
    If it worsens, then drink paracetamol or take rests/naps!

But then again, this is coming from someone who doesn't have regular periods

Erm, get in bed, two paracetamol, telly on and drink hot chocolate. Sometimes I'll lie on my tummy, too.

ReputationRep:
      Ibruprofen is bloody amazing for period pains. I take one of those and sleep the pain away. My cramps are horrible on the first day

ReputationRep:
      Dihydrocodeine. It's prescription, but if you have really bad ones, it's quite helpful. I have awful ones that make me vomit everywhere, pass out, and unable to do anything but lie on the floor screaming.

Anyone who says paracetamol and ibuprofen works does NOT get that bad cramps

ReputationRep:
      Exercise. It sounds like the last thing you'd want to do but it really does help. Otherwise, I normally take paracetamol but ibuprofen is only for the really bad times. Like the guy said above, if it's really bad, you should see your GP and he'll put you on the pill which can help.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tai Ga)
      Ibruprofen is bloody amazing for period pains. I take one of those and sleep the pain away. My cramps are horrible on the first day
      Ahh see what you did there :cool:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Iceman5363)
      Ahh see what you did there :cool:
      Lol I didn't even realise :rofl2: I'm a pun master without even knowing it :cool:

ReputationRep:
      FEMINAX! I couldn't imagine my life without it! It's specifically for the cramps. It comes in different strengths as well. You can get it from the chemist or even tesco.
      I'd recommend it to every girl

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I used to feel so awful on the first and sometimes the second day of my period. Then I started the contraceptive pill and I don't get any pains anymore.

ReputationRep:
      Cocodamol, hot water bottle, laying on top of a cushion.

Also try starflower oil capsules , it really used to help mine before I went on the pill. I used to get weird "contractions" and the starflower oil seemed to stop those.

ReputationRep:
      Definitely agree with everyone that has recommended going on the pill. Ibuprofen, paracetemol etc never used to make a difference, but since going on the pill for it about a year ago it's made a world of difference (and has cleared up my skin as a nice little side effect!)
      Other than that a tub of Ben & Jerry's doesn't hurt...

ReputationRep:
      I used to lie on a table, clutching my stomach and screaming.

However, taking a ibuprofen as soon as I felt the first twinge was more helpful, as well as lying in bed, sleeping, resting my hand on my lower stomach and a hot water bottle.

Now that I'm pregnant, you wouldn't believe the cramps I get (feels like really bad period pains), but you can't even take ibuprofen

ReputationRep:
      Moving around helps me better than painkillers. It's the last thing you'll want to do but it really works!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by JayReg)
      I'm a guy but...I've heard going on the pill can help with period pain and regularity, so perhaps look into that if its really bad.
      Also a guy but my ex girlfriend had really bad period pains and was on the pill for this very reason. seemed to help her. hope your feeling better.

ReputationRep:
      My sister punches things.

Spoiler:
      Show
      I am 'things' :emo:

:nopity:

ReputationRep:
      Chocolate
      Kisses and cuddles off my boyfriend while he also waits on me hand and foot :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.