Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get guys attention when out? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I am out with my friends I always see attractive guys but im too shy to approach them. I was wondering if there are any techniques I could use to get their attention?!

ReputationRep:
    Where low cut clothes, get super drunk, shout, scream, flaunt your ass and tits.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to them.

ReputationRep:
    Cleavage. Or as the user below me suggested - smile. Let them know you're interested, if you're avoiding eye contact they'll assume you're not interested.

If that fails, talk to them.

ReputationRep:
    Flash a smile and make eye contact, maybe flick your hair or something. That usually clues up senseless males such as myself.

ReputationRep:
    IOIs, such as submissive eye contact, smiling/giggling, playing with your hair, drawing attention to your mouth, looking at a guy's mouth, kino (touching, often the arm, or chest), dancing deliberately near/with a guy..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vonlenska)
    Where low cut clothes, get super drunk, shout, scream, flaunt your ass and tits.
    Shout and scream lol, In all seriousness though this will most likely work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    IOI
    What's an IOI?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vonlenska)
    You forgot face paint. Wear face paint as well. I think it's called makeup or something, but you have to apply layers and layers of it to get the right sort of effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VeniViciVidi)
    What's an IOI?
    Indication Of Interest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Indication Of Interest
    Why couldn't you have said that the first time?

ReputationRep:
    Ok I don't recommend this but... wear little clothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VeniViciVidi)
    Why couldn't you have said that the first time?
    Beats me

ReputationRep:
    My tried and tested, fail safe method is eye contact. Catch their eye for a little longer than you usually would, then look away. Do it a couple of times and maybe smile as well. Before you know it they'll be walking over to you.

ReputationRep:
    Three words:
    Push up bra.

I get nervous too most of the time. Sometimes I just give up because I'm too awkward to think of something to say :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caits7)
    Three words:
    Push up bra.
    To be honest, nice underwear is just generally a good idea. Not even just for going out, it's a massive help in exams.

This makes it sound like I used less that legit means to pass my exams :lol: I didn't, it's just very comforting knowing that even if the exam goes terribly, your underwear is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    To be honest, nice underwear is just generally a good idea. Not even just for going out, it's a massive help in exams.

This makes it sound like I used less that legit means to pass my exams :lol: I didn't, it's just very comforting knowing that even if the exam goes terribly, your underwear is awesome.
    Totally agree.
    I mean, when everything is falling apart around you, always good to know you have some nice underwear on ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilywilliams)
    Whenever I am out with my friends I always see attractive guys but im too shy to approach them. I was wondering if there are any techniques I could use to get their attention?!
    Do NOT do the slutty things that others have been saying. Girls that show too much generally are passed up by classy guys and are taken by people who just want to get into your pants.
    Of course if that's all you want, then by all means. But if you really want to get their attention, dress smart and try to go with as few girls as possible. You on your own at a bar will give you greater success than if you're with a bunch of your friends, because guys can get intimidated with groups of girls if they're singling out one.

ReputationRep:
    Turn up dressed as a canary. That would certainly get the attention of most guys I know

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.