Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this a healthy diet? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've had recently change my diet in order to lose weight and be more healthy.

Breakfast
    1/3 of a banana
    1/2 a large orange
    5 red grapes
    1 egg scrambled
    1 cereal bar
    4 small strawberries

Lunch
    1 marmite sandwich with brown bread

Dinner
    1 jacket potato with cheese
    1/4 of a can of baked beans
    4 large branches of broccoli

Exercise: 10 minutes of high impact cardio, 10 min Ab workout, 7 min arm workout, 4 min leg workout, 10 minutes of hula hooping

I entered all of the food into a calorie counter and it came out as 776 calories which is dangerously low but to be honest I think it's wrong because to me what I eat seems like more than 776 calories. I've been doing this for the past three days and I've lost about 3 lbs already but I feel fine. I've gone from weighing 9 stone 6 lbs to 9 stone 3 lbs. I'm 17 and 5'4

ReputationRep:
    Well your eating healthy things that are good for you however your close to starving yourself
    Once you start eating normally you'll probably put weight on.. You need to have more calories

Another thing you could do is try changing your diet and going onto herbalife - theres a meal replacement shake which is full of nutrition and only about 220 calories per shake
    I've had a girl who was on the shakes and lost 7lb in a week HEALTHILY and without starving herself..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beatle1940)
    I've had recently change my diet in order to lose weight and be more healthy.

Breakfast
    1/3 of a banana
    1/2 a large orange
    5 red grapes
    1 egg scrambled
    1 cereal bar
    4 small strawberries

Lunch
    1 marmite sandwich with brown bread

Dinner
    1 jacket potato with cheese
    1/4 of a can of baked beans
    4 large branches of broccoli

Exercise: 10 minutes of high impact cardio, 10 min Ab workout, 7 min arm workout, 4 min leg workout, 10 minutes of hula hooping

I entered all of the food into a calorie counter and it came out as 776 calories which is dangerously low but to be honest I think it's wrong because to me what I eat seems like more than 776 calories. I've been doing this for the past three days and I've lost about 3 lbs already but I feel fine. I've gone from weighing 9 stone 6 lbs to 9 stone 3 lbs. I'm 17 and 5'4
    youre currently a really good, healthy weight. why do you want to lose more?
    remember theres health risks of being too skinny, not just of being overweight.

but yes, that diet is good but lacking in protein.

ReputationRep:
    That's a very good diet..

Wow, only 776 calories?? All of that?

EDIT: I see, that's very little imo. I'd add at least one avocado and a tuna/peanut butter sandwich to that for sure!

ReputationRep:
    Are you vegetarian? Doesn't seem like you're getting much protein in your diet.

ReputationRep:
    Its a very good diet but as suggested you are not having enough protein. Having a high protein diet can be very successful when trying to lose weight. I would recommend that if you are content on in-taking low calories that you aim for a 1:2 ratio for protein and carbs. So for example you would eat 20 grams of protein so 40g carbs (healthy carbs) this combined with exercise will enable you to lose weight but at a healthy pace and it is maintainable. people that go on stupid diets lose weight but dont realise that its not maintainable and they cant eat like that for ever so they put the weight back on and can cause health risks.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.