Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are there are any Halal food places close to the Canterbury campus? My brother is joining the University this September, so we were wondering whether there were any Halal food places around? Additionally, how's the food at the canteen like? Do they too supply Halal food?

Thanks a lot for any help. I do appreciate it!

ReputationRep:
    A lot of the mainstream supermarkets now have halal sections, hopefully someone will be along in a bit though with something more detailed.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of Kebab shops are Halal. You'll find somewhere, don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arsi123)
    Are there are any Halal food places close to the Canterbury campus? My brother is joining the University this September, so we were wondering whether there were any Halal food places around? Additionally, how's the food at the canteen like? Do they too supply Halal food?

Thanks a lot for any help. I do appreciate it!
    Am not very sure but tesco do stock halal products such as shahada meat and other frozen product. You can either call the local store. Or go on tesco groceries add a few halal products and see if you can pick it up from a store :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There aren't many places that sell halal food, there were practically none when I first came here 5 years ago since it costs more to deliver it there and there isn't a big demand for it (unlike in London). However there is a small shop in town that started supplying around 2 years ago. It's by the Westgate Towers, and they sell groceries outside the shop. They sell a variety of halal meat inside. And as someone else pointed out, most kebab shops sell halal meat (this does not mean they're food is good quality though....)

ReputationRep:
    Well on Campus, he can go to RUTHERFORD college where they have Halal food. also in unis local kinda mini market, they have a section for some halal food. however of campus there are some Halal restaurants.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.