Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i got confirmed on the 12th, i live inside the m25 but ive filled out the application before the 30th, should i have at least received a decline email? because so far other than the confirmation i haven't heard a word.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I applied for accommodation around early may and I live inside the m25 too. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm assuming that they're giving people offers that live outside the m25 and then they'll probably offer Londoners whatever they have left.

ReputationRep:
    thats what i thought too, but the trouble is if they decline then id have so little time to find affordable private accomm :s

ReputationRep:
    I just got off the phone with them and apparently they don't email you telling you your application for accomodation was unsuccessful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kissmyanthia)
    I just got off the phone with them and apparently they don't email you telling you your application for accomodation was unsuccessful.
    Omg I can't believe that, that's out of order... I need to know whether or not I've got accommodation!

I NEED to get an offer for something (anything!) at King's... I cannot live at home for any longer Basically I just need to get out of my house, away from all the stresses at home etc...

Does anyone know if I'd be considered for accommodation as a Londoner or not? I do live within the M25, but my postcode means technically I live in Middlesex... Surely they look at postcodes and not geographical position? I live in Zone 5 and it'd take me maybe 2h to get to KCL... This is all stressing me out majorly :argh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessica15329)
    Omg I can't believe that, that's out of order... I need to know whether or not I've got accommodation!

I NEED to get an offer for something (anything!) at King's... I cannot live at home for any longer Basically I just need to get out of my house, away from all the stresses at home etc...

Does anyone know if I'd be considered for accommodation as a Londoner or not? I do live within the M25, but my postcode means technically I live in Middlesex... Surely they look at postcodes and not geographical position? I live in Zone 5 and it'd take me maybe 2h to get to KCL... This is all stressing me out majorly :argh:
    I know how you feel, I'm completely lost if I don't get accommodation. But I'm probably in a worse position than you. I live outside the m25 but Kings was my Insurance. So not looking good.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Did they at least tell you when we should expect to receive an offer if we do get a place in accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, I'm completely lost if I don't get accommodation. But I'm probably in a worse position than you. I live outside the m25 but Kings was my Insurance. So not looking good.
    This is exactly my situation, it's so frustrating! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxKiaraxx)
    This is exactly my situation, it's so frustrating! :mad:
    Accommodation have told me that if King's was your insurance and you live outside the M25 we'll hear from Tuesday onwards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joannaannaoj)
    Accommodation have told me that if King's was your insurance and you live outside the M25 we'll hear from Tuesday onwards
    Reallly? I was told that it's 'very unlikely' for insurance offer holders to get accommodation with kings. The guy I spoke to told me they don't usually tell you if your application is unsuccessful, only if you've been given a place.
    I'm literally panicking now.
    After looking at how bleddy expensive private accommodation is......

ReputationRep:

Reallly? I was told that it's 'very unlikely' for insurance offer holders to get accommodation with kings. The guy I spoke to told me they don't usually tell you if your application is unsuccessful, only if you've been given a place.
    Ah, yeah. Just re-read the email they sent me, it states that in previous years they have been able to allocate accommodation to all late undergraduates who live outside the M25 before the start of the year. So maybe there is hope after all.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, yeah. Just re-read the email they sent me, it states that in previous years they have been able to allocate accommodation to all late undergraduates who live outside the M25 before the start of the year. So maybe there is hope after all.

Do you mind PM-ing me the email pleasseeee.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mind PM-ing me the email pleasseeee.
    Done.

ReputationRep:

They seem to be telling different people different things! I'm panicking too, cos there's nothing we can do apart from wait! Then if we don't get anything there's not much time to sort anything else out! Hmm. Hopefully we'll hear sooner rather than later! Could you PM me the email too please, it may give me some hope haha

ReputationRep:
    They seem to be telling different people different things! I'm panicking too, cos there's nothing we can do apart from wait! Then if we don't get anything there's not much time to sort anything else out! Hmm. Hopefully we'll hear sooner rather than later! Could you PM me the email too please, it may give me some hope haha
    Just PM'ed you.

ReputationRep:
    Argh, they always say different things, I thought I'd ring up to ask again and now apparently they usually are able to house all students outside the M25 :/
    Arghhhh, why can't we all just get stamford street

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yep. Or Great Dover Street. Although to be honest, at this point anywhere will do.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed.
    Have you starting looking at private accommodation at all?

ReputationRep:
    I've looked at a few but they're all quite expensive so I'm not sure I'll be able to afford it. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the next allocation will take place next week, on Tuesday. That means more waiting for us

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.