Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I eat more than I normally would to replenish my energy or else I will be ****ed. Certainly wouldnt be able to go cycling again without bonking out. I like to cycle but I dont think I could work out properly if I had to stick to low calorie stuff. How do people cope with all that dieing, urh I mean dieting stuff? My weight is stable thankfully but it would do my head in if my belly jiggled everytime I had a few beers and a kebab. Dont people on diets ever feel weak when losing weight?

ReputationRep:
    5 star post my man. I really enjoyed reading it, particularly this part:

it would do my head in if my belly jiggled everytime I had a few beers and a kebab.
    I thought this was really insightful too,

I eat more than I normally would to replenish my energy or else I will be ****ed
    Where did you study this kind of stuff if you don't mind me asking?

I recently started weightlifting and cycling 5 times a week. I have a personal trainer who is a professional bodybuilder (kind of) and he helps me with meal timings etc. Was wondering if you could answer some of my questions in PM or possibly train with me?

~Larry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    Dont people on diets ever feel weak when losing weight?
    No. I actually find exercising reduces my appetite. Probably because I don't actually need all the food I would otherwise eat, and I replace it with water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laomedeia)
    Dont people on diets ever feel weak when losing weight?
    Off course you're going to feel weak if you consistently consume less than calories than you need to maintain, it's just whether you are willing to put up with it or not to reach your desired goals. Obviously you shouldn't feel crazy weak, adjust your diet plan as you go and learn how your body works - the longer you set to reach your desired goal, if a loss, the less the calorie decrease ,compared to an intense diet, each day (you may feel better this way as you see your results quicker, but it depends whether you are willing to put up with the short-term pain) this is why emphasis is always placed on diet plans-so you get the balance between the time taken to reach your goals and how healthy/weak you are along the way.

ReputationRep:
    After a good work out I eat like crazy then have a nap.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.