Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm a bit stuck on which universities to apply for.
    I just finished my AS year with AABC in History, English Lit, Biology and Chemistry.
    History I scored 89% overall for both units and 85% in English Lit.
    Biology it was AAC average and it rounded down to a B but i'm pretty confident i can bring that up to an A. My predictions currently stand at A*AA which is in line with the offers but I'm not sure if it's worth putting down King's College/Queen Mary due to the competition and my AS aren't spectacular tbh.
    List of universities i'm hoping to apply to:
    Kings College
    Queen Mary
    Bristol
    Birmingham
    Warwick.
    Would you advise for or against that list?
    Thank you for reading all of this loooool!

ReputationRep:
    Omg I also got AABC in my AS levels, except my C was in English lit (hated the teachers and the books so I skipped lessons and fell asleep in the exam ;l ) ANYHOW... I'm gonna work hard to bump up my History grade to an A hopefully and I have a chance of getting A* in psychology. I would DIE for KCL but I don;t know if I'll get accepted with that C in English?

Not to hijack your post so let me answer you : I'm still going to apply to KCL but it will be my only ''HIGH'' uni and then I will gradually descend and option number 5 will be a very low uni which will accept me (hopefully) if all else fails. You will never know unless you try

Hope I helped a bit

ReputationRep:
    All your grades are fine, I have a friend who did the same and got an interview at Oxford for PPE! They understand you can mess up, I did worse than you an got straight offers back from AAA Law schools! They're nicer than everyone makes them out to be, just make sure you're predicted well and you'll do just fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got into SOAS with similar grades so I wouldn't worry

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.