Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Quantitative Reasoning (UKCAT) - Which strategy is better? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

So it's safe to say I'm not the sharpest when it comes to mental arithmetic, having to rely heavily on that annoying on screen calculator is slowing down the time I need to answer QR questions correctly.

From experience, would you say it's better to pace myself and get a certain proportion right rather than rushing through the questions with the risk of getting many of the ones attempted wrong?
    I guess my question is how many questions out of the 36 do I need to answer right in order to get a decent score (late 600s)

Thank you for your help!
    x

ReputationRep:
    Pace yourself. I always find this one to be the hardest for time for me and the calculations can take a while. Definitely write down the numbers rather than keeping them all in your head. Also, learn the basic formulas that typically appear—it's generally GCSE maths so you should be fine.

From the Kaplan book's boundaries, they say:

22-23 is 650
    24 is 670
    25 is 700

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mickey2909)
    Pace yourself. I always find this one to be the hardest for time for me and the calculations can take a while. Definitely write down the numbers rather than keeping them all in your head. Also, learn the basic formulas that typically appear—it's generally GCSE maths so you should be fine.

From the Kaplan book's boundaries, they say:

22-23 is 650
    24 is 670
    25 is 700
    Thank you That's reassuring!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.