The Student Room Group

Got a B in the subject I want to study!!!!

I was thinking of taking a gap year to (re)apply to unis (for history) I got AAB and unfortunately the B was in history.

I wanted to apply to the likes of leeds, exeter, bristol, KCL, durham/york

of course in my gap year i would resit and do much better.. and spend my time doing something productive, but is there any point am i just going to get rejected from all of them because of this blasted B (which was 10 ums from an A)
I take it you've just finished AS?
I'm just about to study English at Exeter, which required an A, however I only managed to achieve a B in it at AS. I was accepted due to the fact that my teachers predicted me an A. I suggest you discuss your situation with your teacher and see if they feel happy to predict you the grade you need. Remember the strength of your PS/references are important, and try to get some relevant work experience.
Good luck!

EDIT
Okay, I think I misread your post. If so, what I said is probably useless. Sorry :L
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
yeah i got AAB at a2 aha
Reply 3
B is not good enough. I would lower your sights.
Reply 4
Original post by astropongo
I was thinking of taking a gap year to (re)apply to unis (for history) I got AAB and unfortunately the B was in history.

I wanted to apply to the likes of leeds, exeter, bristol, KCL, durham/york

of course in my gap year i would resit and do much better.. and spend my time doing something productive, but is there any point am i just going to get rejected from all of them because of this blasted B (which was 10 ums from an A)

Consider remarks? Otherwise email those universities asking them how they would consider with those grades and what they think about resitting it. Because they could say they don't consider resits or might not care about it being a B at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending