Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've been living in UK since Nov 2011. Since I have completed an access course and have gotten an unconditional with UEA to start this September.

Now, I thought I could apply for maintainable loan and grant, but because I haven't been living here for 3 years (I have almost 2), I'm not eligible. However, I thought I still had the option to apply for a student account and use the overdraft to ease a bit the pressure, but now it turns out I can't apply either for the same reason of haven't been here for 3 years.

Now I'm depending on a bursary from the university that I don't even have secured first and I'm f***ing scared, is there anything else I can do or any other financial support I can ask for? I live alone, I only have my mother in Spain and she's out of job - I haven't had luck either.

Thanks for reading me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataria)
    Hi, I've been living in UK since Nov 2011. Since I have completed an access course and have gotten an unconditional with UEA to start this September.

Now, I thought I could apply for maintainable loan and grant, but because I haven't been living here for 3 years (I have almost 2), I'm not eligible. However, I thought I still had the option to apply for a student account and use the overdraft to ease a bit the pressure, but now it turns out I can't apply either for the same reason of haven't been here for 3 years.

Now I'm depending on a bursary from the university that I don't even have secured first and I'm f***ing scared, is there anything else I can do or any other financial support I can ask for? I live alone, I only have my mother in Spain and she's out of job - I haven't had luck either.

Thanks for reading me.
    unfortunatley there is no other support. i would suggest getting a part time job at university, there are plenty of shops and pubs in Norwich you could work at.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.