Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I currently have an unconditional offer for Computer Systems Engineering with Foundation, but I am unsure of whether to to do this course or change to Computer Forensics with Foundation.

I am a mature student, I left school without taking any exams, but have since completed a few courses, (City & Guilds Level 1,2,3 Computer Systems Support, ECDL, HNC Animal Management). I have worked as an administrator, cashier, etc., I also ran my own business for a couple of years as a children's entertainer.

I love working with computers and cannot decide which way to go. Can anyone give me information about both of these courses. Is the easy/difficult, is it interesting/boring, are the job prospects good/bad, what types of jobs, is there a lot of demand for these careers?

Are there any students who have already started either of these courses who can tell me if they enjoyed the modules involved and their own experiences?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacquiedwards)
    I currently have an unconditional offer for Computer Systems Engineering with Foundation, but I am unsure of whether to to do this course or change to Computer Forensics with Foundation.

I am a mature student, I left school without taking any exams, but have since completed a few courses, (City & Guilds Level 1,2,3 Computer Systems Support, ECDL, HNC Animal Management). I have worked as an administrator, cashier, etc., I also ran my own business for a couple of years as a children's entertainer.

I love working with computers and cannot decide which way to go. Can anyone give me information about both of these courses. Is the easy/difficult, is it interesting/boring, are the job prospects good/bad, what types of jobs, is there a lot of demand for these careers?

Are there any students who have already started either of these courses who can tell me if they enjoyed the modules involved and their own experiences?:confused:
    if you want to keep your options open then engineering is your answer, be prepared for hard work though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.