Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I am going to Cardiff Uni!

I have just bought my all inclusive wrist band before it runs out. I was just wondering what is everyone else doing for freshers?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused about Freshers.

The wristbands are two wristbands that run for week 1 from 15th to 22nd, and week 2 22nd to 29th, yes?

But all accommodation only opens up on the 18th. So where are people staying for those few days? Are they for second years and above with student housing?

So confused.

Anyway, which band have you bought? The student union one or the one linked off the facebook page? Too many options ahhhh

ReputationRep:
    Week one is for Cardiff Met people who come a few days before us, I might by the SU one as more 2nd years are saying that one is better and that the collective one only gets you into a certain club each night, not just any old one so I think I'll just pray there are tickets left for the collective events I want to go to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solo123)

The wristbands are two wristbands that run for week 1 from 15th to 22nd, and week 2 22nd to 29th, yes?

But all accommodation only opens up on the 18th. So where are people staying for those few days? Are they for second years and above with student housing?

So confused.

Anyway, which band have you bought? The student union one or the one linked off the facebook page? Too many options ahhhh
    Hey!

I have bought the SU one because that one allows access into the SU events which sound really good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solo123)

So confused.

I am going to Cardiff Uni

ReputationRep:
    HEY!

I really haven't researched this or anything but how and where do you buy the wrist bands from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_thomp)
    HEY!

I really haven't researched this or anything but how and where do you buy the wrist bands from?
    The SU wristband: http://www.cardiffstudents.com/ents/event/912/
    The Collective Events wristband (NOT OFFICIAL): http://www.fatsoma.com/the-official-...5?r=1681924624

Most people are buying the SU wristband and entry to the Ice Breaker.

ReputationRep:
    I've bought the collective wristband - so much cheaper and gets you into the clubs in town. Don't want to be stuck in the Union for a week. Can't wait for the boat party, gonna be insane.

ReputationRep:
    As a second year I can guarantee you that the SU wristband is better and more suited to freshers. Best night by far was battle of the halls, get to meet so many new people there as well!

also you can go to the city clubs anytime of the year, but the freshers SU events only happen once a year especially when everyone is in the 'freshers bubble' so make the most of it!

Also the SU is stupidly cheap for drinks, in comparison to city clubs. Only place cheaper is retro's on a Wednesday. If you are a fresher you will find yourself being the odd one out if you don't get a freshers band, as everyone i know that got the collective only went to like 1 of the nights!

No point of missing out on meeting loads of people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DevonSun)
    As a second year I can guarantee you that the SU wristband is better and more suited to freshers. Best night by far was battle of the halls, get to meet so many new people there as well!

also you can go to the city clubs anytime of the year, but the freshers SU events only happen once a year especially when everyone is in the 'freshers bubble' so make the most of it!

Also the SU is stupidly cheap for drinks, in comparison to city clubs. Only place cheaper is retro's on a Wednesday. If you are a fresher you will find yourself being the odd one out if you don't get a freshers band, as everyone i know that got the collective only went to like 1 of the nights!

No point of missing out on meeting loads of people!

Luckily I bought the SU All Inclusive one

ReputationRep:
    Hiya
    Could someone who is already living in Cardiff tell me whether the mobile network 'three' is any good in Cardiff. Am coming next month and need to get sorted with new phone/contract etc and 'three' is offering a really good deal.
    Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadbury17)
    Hiya
    Could someone who is already living in Cardiff tell me whether the mobile network 'three' is any good in Cardiff. Am coming next month and need to get sorted with new phone/contract etc and 'three' is offering a really good deal.
    Thank you!!
    Hey, I live in Cardiff. Personally I am on Virgin Media (who sometimes have good deals) and their signal is really good. Since Cardiff is a capital city, most companies make sure their companies have good phone signals here

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadbury17)
    Hey, thanks!!
    Its okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_thomp)
    HEY!

Which band are you going to buy?

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you guys know that http://www.climaxpromotions.co.uk/ are selling the official Cardiff fresher wristbands which are also promote by the SU. These get you into the best clubs and biggest events in town!

ReputationRep:
    I've bought the collective wristband, ok its not promoted by the SU but it is £15 cheaper and also gets you into all the top clubs in town as well as a freshers ball. Its a no brainer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimee1994)
    I've bought the collective wristband, ok its not promoted by the SU but it is £15 cheaper and also gets you into all the top clubs in town as well as a freshers ball. Its a no brainer.
    Cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimee1994)
    Although the Climax wristband does include a Love Students Discount Card worth £10, and also has Glam and Revs included in their line-up of events, which are the two best clubs in Cardiff without a doubt. There's a freshers ball also included in these wristbands too, personally I believe it's a much better deal!

ReputationRep:
    join https://www.facebook.com/groups/Coll...icketsCardiff/ group for all the freshers events and events for the whole year in cardiff !!! 1 group for all your night life needs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.