Do people think you're cleverer than you actually are? Watch

This discussion is closed.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I'm actually kind of stupid but people seem to think I'm clever...

This sounds like a dumb thing to say but it's true, and even more stupidly on my part it annoys me, people expect stuff that's not true, but then I guess many people are expected to be stuff they're not...
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I'm actually kind of stupid but people seem to think I'm clever...

This sounds like a dumb thing to say but it's true, and even more stupidly on my part it annoys me, people expect stuff that's not true, but then I guess many people are expected to be stuff they're not...
I have the opposite approach. I'm rarely given the credit I deserve for my humungous intellect.
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no, people think i'm stupid, and a lot of the time i am
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Everyone thinks that, but so many people underestimate their skill.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
I have the opposite approach. I'm rarely given the credit I deserve for my humungous intellect.
Me too
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
People think I'm really clever and that I know the answer to everything. They all ask me stupid questions like 'do we have to answer it on the sheet'?

I'm not really anything special, if not dumb compared to folk on here.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
And your wopping modesty
me!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pencil)
Everyone thinks that, but so many people underestimate their skill.
But I am stoopid and people think I'm much cleverer than I actually am...
and extremely stoopid compared to the people on here, I can't even spell stoopid
Pencil
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
See how you do on this test:

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My friends at school always used to say I was "very intelligent but stupid as hell."
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil)
See how you do on this test:

http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf
I got 80 on your test by clicking blindly I did get a superb time of 10 seconds though.
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I got 80 on your test by clicking blindly I did get a superb time of 10 seconds though.
I got 81 by clicking blindly
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am probably cleverer than I think I am. Everybody thinks I am quite clever and my nickname with my mates it he mad professor.

I guess I must be fairly clever as I got 65% average for last semester which is just 4% of a first.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I am probably cleverer than I think I am. Everybody thinks I am quite clever and my nickname with my mates it he mad professor.

I guess I must be fairly clever as I got 65% average for last semester which is just 4% of a first.
I think youre giving yourself way too much credit mate.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I wouldn't say I'm clever, but I'm a good all rounder, and can remember silly little facts ands stuff. Tho people I hardly will say I'm clever, I must have that aura
_GáMMá_
Report 15 years ago
maybe they are dumber than you (no offense), so they think that you are smart because you are just smarter than them...

And i know that you know how to spell stupid because you said it yourself that you don't know how to spell stupid properly, meaning that you know that you're spelling it wrong, so the correction would be obvious...( i hope this makes sense)
me!
Rep:
?
I got 103 on that test clicking blindly
......?
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
People at my school who know me think I am clever and know most things but really it is just common sense guessing, but then they also see me as an idiot occasionly and ask me how I can be as smart as I am when i did what I just did.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The problem with me is not that people overestimate my intelligence (in my view it's hard to do that ) but they initially try to link my intelligence to my personality. What I mean is, if on first impression I appear clever, they'll take me to be a boffin or geek etc., but if their first impression is that I'm just a decent guy they'll be shocked to discover my intelligence.
HasanB
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by silent p......?)
People at my school who know me think I am clever and know most things but really it is just common sense guessing, but then they also see me as an idiot occasionly and ask me how I can be as smart as I am when i did what I just did.
this has got nothin to do with this thread but .... silent p, what happened to that weird ass cult u were abt to start some while ago
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (75)
17.32%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (279)
64.43%
Not yet but I am planning to (21)
4.85%
Not yet but I might (58)
13.39%

Watched Threads