Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long do you wait before you have sex? Watch

ReputationRep:
    If you're dating someone, do you wait till they're your boyfriend? Till your in love with them to have sex or do you put out on the first date?

ReputationRep:
    I don't get dating. You're either going out with them or you're not :curious:

Anyway I had sex with my boyfriend 3 weeks after I was going out with him. Would have been sooner but logistically we couldn't find anywhere private :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Depends. Some guys have been on the first date... Others a few months in. Whenever it's right really.

ReputationRep:
    Approximately 13 and a half minutes after foreplay has commenced :beard:

Seriously OP - particularly if you're a virgin, as per your other thread - wait until you are ready, ideally with a patient/sensitive guy (often means a boyfriend, yes)

(Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Dating is like going out light ~ isn't so full on/the same expectation of exclusivity necessarily :borat:

(Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Some guys have been on the first date
    :eek: What would your mother say!?

ReputationRep:
    I agree, I don't really understand the whole "dating" thing.

I personally have a habit of having sex with them and then progressing on to any "dating" stages, but that's just me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Approximately 13 and a half minutes after foreplay has commenced :beard:

Seriously OP - particularly if you're a virgin, as per your other thread - wait until you are ready, ideally with a patient/sensitive guy (often means a boyfriend, yes)

Dating is like going out light ~ isn't so full on/the same expectation of exclusivity necessarily :borat:

Then what's the point? Isn't that just meeting for a chat or no strings sex? Really don't get it :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    I agree, I don't really understand the whole "dating" thing.

I personally have a habit of having sex with them and then progressing on to any "dating" stages, but that's just me.
    Yeah it makes no sense

ReputationRep:
    Then what's the point? Isn't that just meeting for a chat or no strings sex? Really don't get it :rofl:
    Do you know what, I've never really wondered what the point is (from a female perspective), it's just the done thing these days..

Guess it's an in-betweeny stage whilst you get to know a person you weren't formerly well acquainted with/find out if you want to go out with them :holmes:

Dating can be somewhat NSA in some cases, certainly to begin with, but human nature being as it is, it's unlikely for girls to feel nothing when they continue to put out and unlikely for guys to continue to pay out/keep their company socially for hours on end if all a girl is to them is a **** jar

That said, there is always the danger a person will travel along the dating 'conveyer' only to drop off the 'assembly line' into the friendzone/FWB shoot (not the same as NSA but hardly ideal). I'll be honest, every girl I've 'dated' since my ex has wound up here :rolleyes:

One shouldn't string people along but personally I think it wise to 'get to know' and to 'test the merchandise' before making serious commitments and building expectations, but then I have my own reasons for adopting that stance and can well understand why many girls would prefer the security/seriousness that 'going out' conveys

ReputationRep:
    Until you're ready really! If you've already done it and it's not a big thing for you, whenever you like, but if you haven't and you're worrying about it, I really recommend doing it with someone who cares about you and won't make you do it before you're ready, makes such a difference!

ReputationRep:

I'm sure she'd be very proud of me

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure she'd be very proud of me
    Haha

Spoiler:
    Show
    Not sure if srs :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Haha

Spoiler:
    Show
    Not sure if srs :erm:
    Haha. Me neither.

I think she'd just be glad I wasn't foreveralone tbh...

ReputationRep:
    10 minutes

ReputationRep:
    I think she'd just be glad I wasn't foreveralone tbh...
    Hmm. I dunno, I guess it depends on the trajectory of/treatment in the relationships that followed, no parent wants their sprog to sell themselves short..

Was your current partner a 1st date lay btw?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. I dunno, I guess it depends on the trajectory of/treatment in the relationships that followed, no parent wants their sprog to sell themselves short..

Was your current partner a 1st date lay btw?
    No my current was very traditional in terms of courtship.

However my previous relationship was a ONS that went on to last 9 months so....

ReputationRep:
    Three dates.

ReputationRep:
    No my current was very traditional in terms of courtship. However my previous relationship was a ONS that went on to last 9 months so....
    Aha, cool. Does he know you've had (an) ONS(s)/boinked guys on a 1st date?

ReputationRep:
    It's varied from guy to guy depending on what I want from him. Where I've wanted something casual it was on the first date, and where I've wanted something more serious it's been longer. The reasoning behind this lies mainly in thinking about what sort of impression my conduct could give to the guy, and whether or not I would like him to see me that way.

And to weigh in on the discussion of what dating is - for me it's repeatedly spending one-to-one time with a person, all the while having hopes/expectations that I wouldn't if I were just seeing a friend. It's not necessarily exclusive, but I'd usually hope that it's leading to something more serious.

ReputationRep:
    Aha, cool. Does he know you've had (an) ONS(s)/boinked guys on a 1st date?
    Yes. He has done the same. Neither of us are particularly judgemental people when it comes to that sort of thing. As long as we're not continuing to do it while in a relationship it doesn't matter!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. He has done the same. Neither of us are particularly judgemental people when it comes to that sort of thing. As long as we're not continuing to do it while in a relationship it doesn't matter!
    Well that's refreshing Personally I'm a little ambivalent/hypocritical in this regard e.g. when it comes to serious/long term prospects

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.