Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!! Just got my results and have been firmed to go to MMU!!
    Still waiting to find out which accommodation I'm in, and so confused about the dates. Was looking on the website and it says that you move into halls 21st/22nd of September, but when is Freshers?! and when would you move in?! Not sure if this is a silly qu but so confused!

ReputationRep:
    You can move in on 21st or 22nd...term starts on the 23rd and this will include a Fresher's Fortnight. As you will be a new student you will be attending things such as ice breakers, class induction, welcome talk type activities as well as picking up ID cards and so on.

I suggest emailing MMU accommodation (
    [email protected]) and asking for more information of your accommodation if you are anxious about it but it may take a while for them to answer and you may already get an offer by then. Was MMU your first choice? You should find out soon now your exam results are out.

I am going into my 3rd year of MMU but will be in halls, I have already paid and been given my halls.

ReputationRep:
    You move in on 21st/22nd, they supposed give you 'slot' to move in say between 10am-12pm however I can guarantee that most people will just ignore it and go when they please, you go pick up your keys from your accommodation reception and you go from there! From Monday 23rd you have Freshers week, if you go onto you MyMMU using the ID number on your letters you will have a timetable of induction activities on there!

ReputationRep:
    Ok thankyou both!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.