Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What shade foundation should I use? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently using Rimmel's Match Perfection foundation, and the shade is slightly off, but I am planning to get the next lighter shade which should match me. The thing is, when I put my hands against my face, they're a completely different colour, they're so pale! So even if I used the next lighter shade of foundation which actually matches my face, it'll still look much darker than the rest of my body? Should I risk it, and get a foundation that's quite a few shades lighter than I should be wearing, so that I won't have an dark face/neck and light body? I don't know if it's just because my face has tanned over the last few months, or if I have a naturally darker face. I would appreciate any advice!

ReputationRep:
    If you only plan to use drugstore brands then test them on your jaw area, if it blends into your jaw then it should be fine for your face.. Don't compare to your hands cause they're usually darker than your face

Have you ever gone to a makeup counter and asked them to find your perfect colour?
    What I usually do is get someone else to do it for me as they obviously know what their doing, I then get a sample of the foundation and try it myself a few times to see if I'm happy with the colour and to see if I get any comments of it being too dark/light
    And if I like it then I buy a big bottle!

Usually only bigger brands like Dior and Mac have makeup counters though!

xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.