Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    New to TSR so trying to get the hang of this so apologies if this is in the wrong forum lol

I'll be applying soon to go to uni next year and want to study Sports therapy. I just wanted opinions on the course (is it enjoyable/boring/interesting etc).
    Also, I just wondered what a typical day at uni is like for those who study this? For example time spent in lectures and seminars, basically how does your timetable look I suppose?

Any replies will be appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering the exact same thing actually 😜 having a hard time finding anything about sports therapy on here 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Me too, there's hardly any info on here about the course I think it could be because its not as popular as courses like sports science etc. Ah well, hopefully someone will come across this and be able to help us out

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully someone*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

I'm in my second year of sports therapy in Exeter.
    The timetable for the first year was Monday and Thursday all day.
    This year I think it's Monday and Thursday lectures and Wednesday and Friday will be working with our assigned sports teams (mine is netball).

Good course, but not a lot of work out there afterwards. Depends on which route you want to take though...

Hope this helps

Posted from Will

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Yeah I have to admit one thing putting me off this course is the lack of job opportunities afterwards, but having said that I'm sure it's like that with a lot of degrees these days.

My plan is to do Sports therapy followed by a 1 year PGCE Secondary PE course, so I can be a PE teacher the only problem is, is that I'm not 100% sure that many universities accept a degree Sports therapy to allow you onto the PGCE course :/ ? I don't suppose you know lol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh right that sounds good. I'm not sure about secondary education but two lecturers at my Uni did sports therapy degree and the pgce after and got a job...so it can happen, just not sure about secondary

Posted from Will

ReputationRep:
    Ok well thanks for your help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I cant seem to find any sports therapy courses at exeter... Maybe im looking in the wrong place :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Willseat did you get any experience or anything before applying? If so what? And how is the course? Is it very hands on or do you just spend a lot of time in lectures etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think the sports therapy course in Exeter is a foundation degree at Exeter college not the actual main site uni. That's just from looking online though so not 100% sure.

Just out of interest, what unis are you considering?

Am actually tempted to do sports science now instead of sports therapy but I can't make up my mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have looked at gloucestershire and loved it, also been to ucp marjon and chichester, and i want to look at uwe and bristol 😊 sports science does look quite good, plus you can do a pgce after but personally i just want to deal with injuries 😜 what unis have you been looking at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh right sounds good. Are you going to go into Sports therapy as a career then? i want to focus on injuries etc but if I can't be a secondary PE teacher from sports therapy then I just won't do it I haven't looked at uni open days yet but I'm going to Plymouth Marjon open day in October that's the uni I REALLY wanna go to but I wanna see it in real life to get a feel of what it's like
    My other choices are Teesside and Edge Hill, they seem quite cool.

Looked into Chichester and Gloucestershire too and the facilities look like they are very good but the accommodation is pretty expensive :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Marjon was nice, ive also been there to use the sport science equipment which was really cool 😊 i looked at prospectuses for teeside and edgehill, i like the look of them... Especially edgehill, but im not sure i want to go that far away from home :/ what sort of time are you planning on getting your application in? Im thinking early november? Havent even started my personal statement :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh wicked, hopefully I'll like Marjon where abouts do you live then? Are you planning on living at home or away from home?
    And as for application, I have no idea, hopefully by December. I haven't started my personal statement yet either, I'm dreading it to be honest haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I live in dorset, its on the south coast 😊 how about you? Definitely away from home, tough i want to be close enough that i can visit when i want 😊 i know me too! I hate writing about myself :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nice I'm from Essex. All the unis I wanna go to are all about 5/6 hours away lol, wanna be able to visit when I want but it's knot gonna happen haha. Me too, I find it awkward

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah that sucks :/ there are a lot of unis in London, but i don't really want to go to London... I hear its really expensive i do want to go look around UEL though 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exactly like me, I don't really wanna live in London either. But I have to admit UEL looks amazing from what I've seen on their website

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It does, but my dad said that east london is a bit dodgy :/ dunno if hes just being biased or whatever :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.