Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You'd probably have to go through and look at them one-by-one... Most of my modules haven't had an exam (my one and only exam will be next summer) but that's relatively unusual, I think. Are you interested in any particular subjects?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Be warned things are changing especially for level 1 modules. My old tutor told me that Unis who use OU qualifications for degree entry and external examiners had asked for more exams at the end of modules rather than EMAs. S104 switched to an exam last year and I understand that other modules will be switching as well. So you can't assume that the current course structure will remain especially for maths, engineering and science modules.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smsmasters)
    Thanks for that. So I take it it's better I register to start the modules this October before anything changes, or can OU make changes and add an exam at the end whilst the module has started?
    They have to announce changes before they start taking registrations. So if modules for October 2013 and February 2014 entry, show an EMA then that's what you'll get.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you want to do an exam? And do you definitely only want to do a CertHE, or do you want to build up to a full degree? Because again, it's likely that there would be at least a few exams along the way if you wanted to do that.

ReputationRep:
    After my last exam performance I can fully understand why he wants to avoid taking any exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.