Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, me and my friend were wondering if freshers week is just everyone going out to town every night or if there are certain events you have to sign up for or get a wristband for? And if you don't have a wristband can you just pay on the door to get in? Any help would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can just pay on the door if you don't have a wristband, which gets you free entry into the events.

These are the 3 which have been announced so far...
    http://www.lgos.org/events/scene
    http://www.lgos.org/events/secret-warehouse-party
    http://www.lgos.org/events/freshers-...ck-grimshaw--2

Keep checking the website as I'm sure they'll update it when more are organised.

ReputationRep:
    Freshers week events! http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Live...l-It/11942344/

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't bother getting the wristband. I don't know how much it is this year, but last year you had to go to pretty much all the advertised events (i.e. one a night) for the wristband to be worth it. I very much doubt you'll stick to the advertised Frehsers Week programme for the full two weeks, instead finding other (and almost certainly better) places to go, outside of the wristband "scheme."

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, this might sound stupid, What is it your supposed to do in freshers week? Do you even go university and get to know how everything works? Or is it all getting drunk and stuff. I don't drink, smoke and have never been into a club in my life. Do you think I should attend that week? And btw, is anyone staying at Grenville street?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamza357)
    Sorry, this might sound stupid, What is it your supposed to do in freshers week? Do you even go university and get to know how everything works?
    Officially, the university term (Semester 1, Week 1) starts the following Monday. In fresher's week you'll have a few introductory lecture's from your faculty, registration, and a bunch of intro talks from the guild. Generally the only one you really MUST attend is the registration part. There is also the annual fresher's fair which is worth a visit.

Apart from that the majority of time is pretty much your own. There is an organised schedule of social events that yes, do mostly involve drinking but there are exceptions, but you don't have to follow this.

Fresher's week is your own to get to know the city and the people around you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteWash)
    Officially, the university term (Semester 1, Week 1) starts the following Monday. In fresher's week you'll have a few introductory lecture's from your faculty, registration, and a bunch of intro talks from the guild. Generally the only one you really MUST attend is the registration part. There is also the annual fresher's fair which is worth a visit.

Apart from that the majority of time is pretty much your own. There is an organised schedule of social events that yes, do mostly involve drinking but there are exceptions, but you don't have to follow this.

Fresher's week is your own to get to know the city and the people around you.
    Thank you,

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.