The Student Room Group

Festival or Holiday?

So we all know that going to festivals and holidays can be expensive. But I wanted to do something with my friends next year as we would soon all be off around the country going to uni.

I was thinking to go to one of the festivals with my friends as I love the atmosphere and music. But I could go on holiday with them to a greek island. I will be 17 being the youngest out of my friends :frown:

Which is best? I can't afford to do both

Thankyou!
Reply 1
I'm not sure of the drinking limit age in Greece but I'm sure it's lower than in Britain. I too am having this predicament, but I'm deciding to get festival (glastonbury) tickets for my birthday, and a holiday for christmas
Reply 2
Think Greece is 18 too. But Greece being what it is, they most likely will not enforce it whatsoever.
Reply 3
it's pretty easy to get drunk at festivals too, just bring your own drink. If I had to choose between 1, I'd pick the holiday, you may not get another chance to go holiday with all your mates again, but festivals come and go. Alternatively, you could chose a cheapish festival
Reply 4
Original post by kimikeys
So we all know that going to festivals and holidays can be expensive. But I wanted to do something with my friends next year as we would soon all be off around the country going to uni.

I was thinking to go to one of the festivals with my friends as I love the atmosphere and music. But I could go on holiday with them to a greek island. I will be 17 being the youngest out of my friends :frown:

Which is best? I can't afford to do both

Thankyou!

I had this this year

I am doing both, Reading festival in 2 days and have already been on the holiday to Zante being 17, they didn't ID me once and 'twas a wicked time.

Odds are you can decide to organise a meet up with them all at a festival in a few years time but it all depends on what you'd enjoy more :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hcu95
it's pretty easy to get drunk at festivals too, just bring your own drink. If I had to choose between 1, I'd pick the holiday, you may not get another chance to go holiday with all your mates again, but festivals come and go. Alternatively, you could chose a cheapish festival

what about going to a European festival that way you could combine the two

Quick Reply

Latest