Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone
    (bit of background before the questions)
    I'm 21 and currently undertaking a foundation degree in Sports Therapy. I will be finishing my 2nd (and final) year in 2014.
    I have a DMM in health and social care Btec national diploma and 8 GCSEs A-C including English, maths and science.
    I am looking to start a physiotherapy undergrad degree in 2014 after my fdsc.
    i have been working as a physiotherapy assistant for the past 4 years at various hospitals.

My first question is am I classed as a mature student?

Second question is will my grades and experience give me a good chance of getting onto he course?

Thanks for reading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willseat)
    Hi everyone
    (bit of background before the questions)
    I'm 21 and currently undertaking a foundation degree in Sports Therapy. I will be finishing my 2nd (and final) year in 2014.
    I have a DMM in health and social care Btec national diploma and 8 GCSEs A-C including English, maths and science.
    I am looking to start a physiotherapy undergrad degree in 2014 after my fdsc.
    i have been working as a physiotherapy assistant for the past 4 years at various hospitals.

My first question is am I classed as a mature student?

Second question is will my grades and experience give me a good chance of getting onto he course?

Thanks for reading
    Firstly if you're currently on a foundation degree you wouldn't receive full funding for a new degree from Student Finance in the first instance. You would have to cover fees for the first year yourself. If you're going full time you would receive only he maintenance loan too.

Secondly, it seems you have enough to at least get you an interview, university dependent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    Firstly if you're currently on a foundation degree you wouldn't receive full funding for a new degree from Student Finance in the first instance. You would have to cover fees for the first year yourself. If you're going full time you would receive only he maintenance loan too.

Secondly, it seems you have enough to at least get you an interview, university dependent.
    Thanks for your response

The course fees are paid by the NHS as I will be getting a bursary if I get onto the course. The money situation shouldn't be a problem, hopefully!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willseat)
    Thanks for your response

The course fees are paid by the NHS as I will be getting a bursary if I get onto the course. The money situation shouldn't be a problem, hopefully!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhhh nice!

Youll be classed as a mature student though, and you should at least get interviewed

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.