Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm hoping someone can advise me on a few land law textbooks. We've been given our reading lists for second year and have been told to choose one of 4 land law textbooks, the latest editions of each. These are:

1. Mackenzie & Phillips, ‘Textbook on Land law’
    2. Dixon, ‘Modern Land law’
    3. Jackson, Steven & Pearce, ‘Land Law: Textbook series’ Sweet & Maxwell
    4. Jackson ‘Gateway to Land law’ Sweet & Maxwell

Has anyone used any of these textbooks and have some feedback about them? I've had a look on Amazon and the Mackenzie one has the most positive feedback.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sph93)
    Hello! I'm hoping someone can advise me on a few land law textbooks. We've been given our reading lists for second year and have been told to choose one of 4 land law textbooks, the latest editions of each. These are:

1. Mackenzie & Phillips, ‘Textbook on Land law’
    2. Dixon, ‘Modern Land law’
    3. Jackson, Steven & Pearce, ‘Land Law: Textbook series’ Sweet & Maxwell
    4. Jackson ‘Gateway to Land law’ Sweet & Maxwell

Has anyone used any of these textbooks and have some feedback about them? I've had a look on Amazon and the Mackenzie one has the most positive feedback.

Thanks
    Yup I used Mackenize & Phillips.
    Really good book. Set out logically with clear explanations. I struggled with land law initially and it was a great reference point and helped me sort out unreg/reg in my head!! .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PotterLaw)
    Yup I used Mackenize & Phillips.
    Really good book. Set out logically with clear explanations. I struggled with land law initially and it was a great reference point and helped me sort out unreg/reg in my head!! .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you . Think that's the one I'm going to go with, some of the others seem a bit densely written for me.

ReputationRep:
    I've used: Jackson, Steven & Pearce, ‘Land Law: Textbook series’ Sweet & Maxwell

Excellent book, well laid out, structured well and easy to understand. Would definitely recommend. However, the only problem was that the book wasn't too detailed and didn't have as many cases. I found the book very easy to understand and it explained and covered the majority of things out very well.

It was the main textbook for our course alongside Mackenzie & Phillips. Around 60-70% of students used Jackson, Steven & Pearce and the rest used Mackenzie & Phillips or a combination of both. I think it would be best to use one or the other as a supplement as many students did.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.