Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need hlep with what I should do afetr sixth form........ Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I just received my results the other day for my first year of sixth form which are all BTEC's at level 3 but are equivalent to a-levels. I achieved a Distinction* in both business studies and health and social care which is higher than a A grade at A-level. After receiving these grades I am thinking more now about going to uni, I never thought I would be any good for uni, I struggled with my GCSE's but studied a BTEC at the time and found out that coursework subjects which is what the BTEC's tend are best for my rather than exam courses. I don't know what to after my nest year, I aim to the same grades again and will also be aiming to pass the Welsh Baccalaurette which is equivalent to a A grade at a level so that makes it that I will getting three A's at a level. I know not all uni's accept [email protected] unfortunately but I know a lot and I aint going to let the few stop me form continuing to do well in BTEC's rather than taking A-levels however I am considering thinking of taking sociology or economics at as a AS in September. Over the months have gone on I have considered college as a option for me more than uni cause I don't know what I want to do as a career so I aiming for goingot college and gaining more qualfications and then having a better idea of what I want to do next in life, but then I reliased you don't need to be the brainest person in the world to go to uni, after knowing this and finding out uni's do accept BTEC's it opened my eyes and I reliased that maybe I could go to uni rather than thinking I would never be able to go in my life. I thought I could go even more after the recent results I kno I had gained. My friends tell me I would be nuts not to go to uni with the grades I am achieving, I've looked into uni but its to find out what I would want to do and for me its scary thinking of going to uni because my confidence isn't always 100%. I don't want to go into full time employment just yet, I believ I want to keep learning and earn a great living and a great job which I know a lot of people want but I guess so do I :P. I have experience in work as I currently have a part time job in Tesco which I enjoy. Moving away to a uni if I do really far away doesn't seem to bother me too much thinking about it however maybe my mind will change when it may happen. In this post I have tried to include all the factors that are going through my head about what to do next, any reply would be fantastic, thank you very much and feel free to ask my any questions that I may not have answered in this post, or any advice you want from me about what ever I guess .

ReputationRep:
    You need to use paragraphs..

And work on your title! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BOO70)
    I just received my results the other day for my first year of sixth form which are all BTEC's at level 3 but are equivalent to a-levels. I achieved a Distinction* in both business studies and health and social care which is higher than a A grade at A-level.

After receiving these grades I am thinking more now about going to uni, I never thought I would be any good for uni, I struggled with my GCSE's but studied a BTEC at the time and found out that coursework subjects which is what the BTEC's tend are best for my rather than exam courses. I don't know what to after my nest year, I aim to the same grades again and will also be aiming to pass the Welsh Baccalaurette which is equivalent to a A grade at a level so that makes it that I will getting three A's at a level.

I know not all uni's accept BTECs unfortunately but I know a lot and I aint going to let the few stop me form continuing to do well in BTEC's rather than taking A-levels however I am considering thinking of taking sociology or economics at as a AS in September.

Over the months have gone on I have considered college as a option for me more than uni cause I don't know what I want to do as a career so I aiming for goingot college and gaining more qualfications and then having a better idea of what I want to do next in life, but then I reliased you don't need to be the brainest person in the world to go to uni, after knowing this and finding out uni's do accept BTEC's it opened my eyes and I reliased that maybe I could go to uni rather than thinking I would never be able to go in my life. I thought I could go even more after the recent results I kno I had gained. My friends tell me I would be nuts not to go to uni with the grades I am achieving,

I've looked into uni but its to find out what I would want to do and for me its scary thinking of going to uni because my confidence isn't always 100%. I don't want to go into full time employment just yet, I believ I want to keep learning and earn a great living and a great job which I know a lot of people want but I guess so do I :P. I have experience in work as I currently have a part time job in Tesco which I enjoy. Moving away to a uni if I do really far away doesn't seem to bother me too much thinking about it however maybe my mind will change when it may happen. In this post

I have tried to include all the factors that are going through my head about what to do next, any reply would be fantastic, thank you very much and feel free to ask my any questions that I may not have answered in this post, or any advice you want from me about what ever I guess .

Hi

Congratulations on your results so far

Many courses that accept Btecs will want at least one traditional A Level alongside - but not all will

http://www.whatuni.com will allow you to put in your expected UCAS points and see what might be available to you - then each university will have details about the type of qualifications they want

If you are not sure about points then look here http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works.../tariff-tables

It is good to hear your aspirations and I hope that you find some universities that you would like to apply to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    Hi

Congratulations on your results so far

Many courses that accept Btecs will want at least one traditional A Level alongside - but not all will

http://www.whatuni.com will allow you to put in your expected UCAS points and see what might be available to you - then each university will have details about the type of qualifications they want

If you are not sure about points then look here http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works.../tariff-tables

It is good to hear your aspirations and I hope that you find some universities that you would like to apply to
    Thank you very much for replying, I will check out that link about what uni to check out thank you again!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.