Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Either of the DIGS sites. Storthes is where a lot of first years tend to go apparently, and is quite nice too. Outside of town but there's a regular bus service that's free until 6pm with a £15 a year bus pass. Ashenhurst is in the town and a 15 minute walk I think from the campus, mostly second and third years but still nice and still a nice community feel.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, If you are still looking for somewhere to stay there is a standard (cheapest room) at snow island which is right next to the Uni.
    I stayed here first year and loved the convenience of having the Uni and town centre on my doorstep! Plus the community was really great too.
    All bills are included but i don't think they haven't started advertising the place yet so if you want more info just say I recommended you!

Good luck with your studies

Nathan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD95)
    Either of the DIGS sites. Storthes is where a lot of first years tend to go apparently, and is quite nice too. Outside of town but there's a regular bus service that's free until 6pm with a £15 a year bus pass. Ashenhurst is in the town and a 15 minute walk I think from the campus, mostly second and third years but still nice and still a nice community feel.
    Storthes is nice but wouldn't recommend it. Really far away from the town centre! Unless you're fussed about being with other first years, Ashenhurst would be your best bet

ReputationRep:
    Maybe so but there's a regular bus like I say and you can get a taxi back for £6, and if you're in a group that's not much each.

ReputationRep:
    Storthes is awful kinda isolated and really far away from things, and just an on site pub. Yes there is a shuttle which stops at around 11 so would mean taxis if you were to stay out later. I looked at it yesterday and hated it, and looked for alternatives and found snow island. It's a thousand times better and the uni/ town centre is on your door step. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Plus it's an old mental hospital so that creeped me out

ReputationRep:
    Platinum lettings have lots of great accommodation they are student friendly and can be contacted on 01484421000

ReputationRep:
    I am required to find a new tenant to live in my room at firth point as I will no longer be studying in Huddersfield.

Approx 98 per week. Tenancy start date: 6th september 2013. Tenancy end date: 6th july 2014. Rent to be paid in 3 instalments.

UNITE
    BLOCK A
    FIRTH POINT
    100 FIRTH STREET
    HD1 3BQ
    (5 MIN WALK FROM UNIVERSITY) (CLOSE TO TOWN CENTRE)

INBOX me if interested.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.