The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Insurance, what do for accomodation?

I've got a confirmed offer but it was my insurance (been regretting not firming QM for the last few weeks!)
I've no idea what do do for accommodation. Literally not even where to start. What do I do? Who do I contact?
Reply 1
Depends on what type of accommodation you're looking for. If you want to live with other students, there are private student halls where you can book a room. www.mystudenthalls.com is a good website for checking for student accommodation near Queen Mary. Most of the close ones are almost gone though and they're insanely expensive :frown:

You can look on the alternative accommodation QM list on their website: http://www.residences.qmul.ac.uk/alternative/index.html

Hope I helped...I was in the same position as you after I got my results. I managed to find a room in private halls, but it was expensive and isn't exactly near the uni :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Lacking Gravitas
I've got a confirmed offer but it was my insurance (been regretting not firming QM for the last few weeks!)
I've no idea what do do for accommodation. Literally not even where to start. What do I do? Who do I contact?

If you live outside london contact accommodation at qmul to be put up in the waiting list.................other than that plan to find a place with a group of other people who are searching as well, from tsr or find them from the freshers page
Original post by sahjan
Depends on what type of accommodation you're looking for. If you want to live with other students, there are private student halls where you can book a room. www.mystudenthalls.com is a good website for checking for student accommodation near Queen Mary. Most of the close ones are almost gone though and they're insanely expensive :frown:

You can look on the alternative accommodation QM list on their website: http://www.residences.qmul.ac.uk/alternative/index.html

Hope I helped...I was in the same position as you after I got my results. I managed to find a room in private halls, but it was expensive and isn't exactly near the uni :frown:

Thanks, I'll have a look. I'm trying to contact the admissions people but I've not had word back yet >:[

Original post by Iqbal007
If you live outside london contact accommodation at qmul to be put up in the waiting list.................other than that plan to find a place with a group of other people who are searching as well, from tsr or find them from the freshers page

Yeah I'm from the West Midlands, Accomodation haven't got back to me yet though, I emailed them yesterday (earliest I could do due to being on holiday)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Lacking Gravitas
Thanks, I'll have a look. I'm trying to contact the admissions people but I've not had word back yet >:[

Yeah I'm from the West Midlands, Accomodation haven't got back to me yet though, I emailed them yesterday (earliest I could do due to being on holiday)

You got to call them, emails are useless at the moment as it will take a while for them to reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending