Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Not exactly news, but presumably it's still going on and I've just stumbled across the adverts. I've no idea what the horrific mess of an acronym they use means, but the cops have made some short adverts to scare people off drink driving - how you can be caught, and what the consequences are.

However, I can't find on their channel anything describing the proper dangers of drink driving, i.e. the justification for the cops clamping down on people. Is this right? It's the difference between "This is the law. Obey or be clobbered!" and "This is dangerous. Don't do it or we'll make you not do it!".

Also, can anyone get through the below video without cringing or laughing?

The 'acting' aside, how is an ignition blowy thing a good idea? Initially I thought he was being a responsible driver by testing he was below the limit and was confused as to why he was being portrayed negatively (I had decided to kind of ignore the audio), but then I realised it was so that he had to be sober so his car could start. However, surely he could get some random (or his lady friend) to blow in it?

"I really blew it" :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.