Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Applying for Cambridge Medicine - What does this mean????? Watch

ReputationRep:
    According to their website, you can apply to both their graduate AND undergraduate clinical medicine course:

http://www.wolfson.cam.ac.uk/applyin.../subjects/cgcm

What does this mean? Will they consider applicants twice in this instant?

(I am in the process of completing my first degree, which is in Neuroscience).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    The graduate course is for graduates

Do you already have a degree?
    I'm doing a Neuroscience degree at the moment, yes. Sorry -- should have clarified that beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadden)
    I'm doing a Neuroscience degree at the moment, yes. Sorry -- should have clarified that beforehand.
    In that case - it does look like you can apply for both in the same cycle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TenOfThem)
    In that case - it does look like you can apply for both in the same cycle
    Thanks for confirming this!

One other question, and this one is a rather silly one. I do apply to 'graduate medicine' in the last year of my first degree, right? And not when it's completely done and dusted (?)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for confirming this!

One other question, and this one is a rather silly one. I do apply to 'graduate medicine' in the last year of my first degree, right? And not when it's completely done and dusted (?)
    I think so

But, tbh, this is outside my field of knowledge - you ought to ask on one of the medicine threads

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=195
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    You can apply to both- the graduate entry one simply requires more qualifications (ie a degree in a related field, which you are going to have), and is even more competitive- the plus side being that it is a shorter course. As in, you are not applying for the same course twice, they will instead be dealt with as two separate applications, as far as I understand it. If you want, let me know how you get on- I do medicine at Emmanuel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhetoric)
    You can apply to both- the graduate entry one simply requires more qualifications (ie a degree in a related field, which you are going to have), and is even more competitive- the plus side being that it is a shorter course. As in, you are not applying for the same course twice, they will instead be dealt with as two separate applications, as far as I understand it. If you want, let me know how you get on- I do medicine at Emmanuel.
    Thank you. So, as I understand it, they'll treat the two applications as practically belonging to two different applicants altogether. Does this sound right to you?

Congratulations, that's amazing. As someone 'on the inside', is there any advice you could offer an applicant? Could you share some details of your application perhaps, i.e. your GCSE and A Level results? Please don't feel obliged to if you'd prefer not to.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. So, as I understand it, they'll treat the two applications as practically belonging to two different applicants altogether. Does this sound right to you?

Congratulations, that's amazing. As someone 'on the inside', is there any advice you could offer an applicant? Could you share some details of your application perhaps, i.e. your GCSE and A Level results? Please don't feel obliged to if you'd prefer not to.
    I think so- I'm just doing the standard undergrad course though. Thanks well I would have thought that they'll look at your neuroscience degree results over A' Levels and definitely GCSEs, but all of my results are on my profile page if you want to look at them. Advice-wise, I guess just show your enthusiasm and interest in the subject at your interview if you get one, and try to enjoy it. Best of luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.