Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chemical Engineering 2014: Many Questions Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

So results day went well and I got ABB in Maths, Chem and Bio
    I'm predicted to get A*AB or A*AA
    (I did further maths as my other AS, which was at a low low B almost C, hence I'm dropping it)

Can I apply to do Chemical Engineering at the following

UCL
    Imperial
    Edinburgh
    Nottingham
    Newcastle
    Bath
    Manchester

And can you rank them from in order of awesomeness overall (degree and student life e.t.c) (perhaps throw out a rating out of 10)

Do any of these unis look at your AS or do they look at it combined ?
    I'm thinking about applying to either the options with a year in industry or a year abroad

I know that this is a big ask

But your help would really be appreciated

THANKS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshXD)
    Hi

So results day went well and I got ABB in Maths, Chem and Bio
    I'm predicted to get A*AB or A*AA
    (I did further maths as my other AS, which was at a low low B almost C, hence I'm dropping it)

Can I apply to do Chemical Engineering at the following

UCL
    Imperial
    Edinburgh
    Nottingham
    Newcastle
    Bath
    Manchester

And can you rank them from in order of awesomeness overall (degree and student life e.t.c) (perhaps throw out a rating out of 10)

Do any of these unis look at your AS or do they look at it combined ?
    I'm thinking about applying to either the options with a year in industry or a year abroad

I know that this is a big ask

But your help would really be appreciated

THANKS
    Not to be harsh but I think you would have a hard time getting a place at Imperial as most people do four A2's and 70% have Physics to A2. Also the normal conditional offer for three A Levels is A*A*A and for four is A*AAA.

You could apply to UCL but they require an AS in Physics which you would have to take up next year.

Assuming you get a minimum of AAA you could get into any of the others with your predicted grades at the moment. You should also check out Nottingham as they require AAA and are a good Russell Group University.

Of course, Imperial is the best university in terms of the talent you are surrounded by the world class teaching. One of the reasons why it is ranked so high in the world, it is somewhat more highly recognised than UCL which is also prestigious around the world. However, Imperial life would give you a large workload but if that's what you like then go for it!

One last thing, if you want to come out with a successful degree in Chemical Engineering then you must be very, very good at Maths. So if Further Maths was a problem make sure you are able to keep up in your degree as FM material comes up a lot in the first year and lot of Mechanics far beyond M1.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.