Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Everyone is moving on with their lives and I'm just here Watch

Hey there =]
    Well as the title says - I just feel as if I have no future (as well as no goals) and I don't know what to do. Lost doesn't even describe it >.<
    Everyone I know is getting on; Job, Uni, Apprenticeship etc. And I no clue at all. (Finished college with terrible results)
    I'm aware my life is completely in my hands and if motivated, I can achieve a lot. I just don't know what.
    Yeah this is kind of a babble... Can you give me some advice so I can figure out what I want? (Ha - big ask I know)

Thanks!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's easy to feel like that. There are plenty of people who don't know what to do and feel lost sometimes! Figuring out what direction to take in life isn't always straightforward, so please don't feel bad about it.

I don't know what your results are, exactly, but maybe you could do a foundation year? Or a resit? Or maybe the Open University?

Alternatively, perhaps you can take a year out and figure out what might suit you? If you need funds, you could try going for a job where qualifications are no big deal. It doesn't matter if it isn't anything fancy - you won't have to do it for the rest of your life, after all. It's just something to get you some cash, and the experience can be added to your CV. A lot of jobs will give you transferable skills such as teamwork, problem solving, customer service, and so on.

If money isn't an issue, perhaps you could do some traveling and volunteering. New experiences might help you discover what you are good at, what you like and what you don't like.

All in all, your college results are not the end of the world. You can acquire further qualifications, or find a position that you enjoy and work your way up. Plus, there are companies that will pay for you to gain more qualifications - earning and learning at the same time .

Good luck in whatever you choose!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.