The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Stevenson building?

Is anyone else moving into Stevenson Building this September? I'm in Flat 6 room 1

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Triple25mm
Is anyone else moving into Stevenson Building this September? I'm in Flat 6 room 1

:smile:
Yes! I'm in Stephenson building too, but I don't know what flat number yet :-( I'm a little nervous, how do you feel about it? I'm a bit disappointed with the kitchen/bedrooms I must admit :-(
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
flat 4 room 6 :smile: Its meant to be quiet :frown:
Reply 3
Im in Flat 1 Room 4, A bit disappointed wanted at at least an en suite
Reply 4
Original post by Hayley8362
Yes! I'm in Stephenson building too, but I don't know what flat number yet :-( I'm a little nervous, how do you feel about it? I'm a bit disappointed with the kitchen/bedrooms I must admit :-(

Have you been sent an email with a tenancy agreement form? That will tell you your flat and room number :smile:

I'm really nervous too! I'm worried that I won't make friends/fit in with my flatmates. And its less than a month till we move in! :eek:
Reply 5
Original post by ryancurry13

Every cloud has a silver lining - if its quiet then at least you'll get a good nights sleep!
Reply 6
Original post by Bidgbob
Im in Flat 1 Room 4, A bit disappointed wanted at at least an en suite

That sucks :/ I'm afraid of there being fights over the shower in the morning

On the bright side, you'll be paying £1000 - £2000 pounds less on rent :smile:
Reply 7
Suppose your right, Are there any other pages where people from Stephenson are getting to know each other, I feel we are missing out a bit haha.

Hey if its supposed to be quiet lets make it loud!!!!!! :biggrin:

however, apparently noise is the main issue, it says it on the tenancy agreement so who knows....
Reply 8
I've searched on Facebook and I haven't found anything. I've seen one other thread on TSR but nobody has replied to it. Lots of people seem to be going to other halls, and I get the impression that there might be a fair few people going to Stevenson who didn't get their first choice :frown:

Original post by Bidgbob
Hey if its supposed to be quiet lets make it loud!!!!!! :biggrin:

That's the spirit!

One thing I noticed on the tenancy agreement is that you need to apply in advance to have a party after 11pm. Which sounds kinda strict tbqh :eek:
Reply 9
might ask a couple days before we get there If I can have a party in my flat like... But if anyone from Stephenson wants to come by and say hi just come to flat 1 and ask for Seb.

Im guessing flat 1 is the bottom flat as well???
Reply 10
Hi Seb :smile:

Original post by Bidgbob
Im guessing flat 1 is the bottom flat as well???

I suppose so. I'm in flat 6, so if lower flat numbers are on lower floors then I might be on the ground floor too :smile:

What day are you moving in? I got a letter from the faculty of engineering which said I should aim to get there by the 12th. But thats 4 days before freshers starts! I'm worried that nobody will be there :redface:
Reply 11

Flat 4 room 2 :smile:
Is Stephenson Building really as bad as people make out? I'm a bit nervous now!
Reply 13
Original post by alexxturnerr

It looks like a really old Hospital from the 19th Century, we'll all have to take over Glenamara's reputation of being the Party halls
Original post by alexxturnerr

I was in stephenson last year, its really not that bad at all, the flats in red zone (flats 1-16 i think) are MASSIVE. it's honestly fine, its not posh and shiny, it doesnt look like much on the outside but for the price it's really very good.
The house manager makes a lot of threats about fining you for damage but my flatmate pyt 3 holes in the kitchen wall and we didnt get charged.

there's a fire alarm test on wednesday mornings which is a bitch ¬.¬
(edited 10 years ago)

my boyfriend was in flat 4 last year, i was in flat 5 (same floor) :tongue: it's quite nice, the rooms are pretty damn big, the kitchen is nice and basic 2 fridges, 2 freezers, 2 sinks and lots of cupboard space, there's 2 toilets and 2 showers but its not as much of an issue as people think.

It is pretty quiet, its louder in blue and green zone because its the side with two restaurants which have a fair few gigs but you cant hear them from your flat, rooms 1-3 in your flat get all the noise from the street outside but room 6 is on the other side so its not as bad, its not boringly quiet though, there's usually a good few flat parties going on :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Triple25mm
Hi Seb :smile:

I suppose so. I'm in flat 6, so if lower flat numbers are on lower floors then I might be on the ground floor too :smile:

What day are you moving in? I got a letter from the faculty of engineering which said I should aim to get there by the 12th. But thats 4 days before freshers starts! I'm worried that nobody will be there :redface:

flats 1 and 3 are on the ground floor (flat 2 is the house managers), 4 and 5 on the 1st floor, 6 and 7 are on the 2nd floor and then there's 3/4 flats on each floor above.
Original post by Care-Free
flats 1 and 3 are on the ground floor (flat 2 is the house managers), 4 and 5 on the 1st floor, 6 and 7 are on the 2nd floor and then there's 3/4 flats on each floor above.

My sister is in flat 18, which floor is that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Care-Free

Thankyou, Stevenson doesn't sound like such a bad place. Do you know how much the launderettes cost?
Original post by greenfly125
My sister is in flat 18, which floor is that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

im not sure, i only ever when to 4,5 and 6 :P its either top floor of red zone or it might be in blue zone round the corner, the blue zone flats are alot smaller.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending