Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know how to get to the train station, but from then onwards, i require a little help.

So yeah, if people could suggest ways by bus, i would really appreciate it.

Thanks y'all.

ReputationRep:
    The Uno bus
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Doctor Punk)
    I know how to get to the train station, but from then onwards, i require a little help.

Thanks y'all.
    Our University Bus, UNO provides many services from and to the train station.You can see all their routes at http://www.unobus.info/

There is also an arrive services, 300 or 301 which runs from the Station to the Galleria.

Kind Regards

Chris (University of Hertfordshire Official Rep)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sorry, what i should have said was that I need exact routes. Like the exact uno bus and where to get off from the 300/301 buses.

Sorry for being this picky, I just need exact details.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:

Thanks y'all.
    Here's a few with links to timetables..
    http://www.unobus.info/service.shtml?serviceid=1704 - 603
    http://www.unobus.info/service.shtml?serviceid=1714 - 641
    BOTH - Get on Hatfield Railway Station (Stop B) & off Hatfield, UH de Havilland Campus (P)

http://www.intalink.org.uk/Timetables/tt/341_E_ATG.pdf - 341 Hatfield Railway Station (Stop B), off at Forum (Stop 2) then free shuttle bus to de Havilland

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sorry, what i should have said was that I need exact routes. Like the exact uno bus and where to get off from the 300/301 buses.

Sorry for being this picky, I just need exact details.

Thanks in advance.
    I would use google maps.

I will then street view the bus stop where I need to get off and look for some landmarks. Maps also has the direction function which will tell you what times buses are arriving etc.

ReputationRep:

Thanks y'all.
    Hi there Doctor Punk!

Time precludes me from going into more detail at the moment, but if you look at my article regarding buses between Hatfield rail station- De Hav & return, in particular that of 08 Feb 2012, currently on page 16, in a reply to a Xannny who asked the same question, this may be of help to you.

Don`t forget that some UNO bus services and times have changed from Sept 1st `13, definitive details on www.unobus.info news/ service changes from 01/09/13.

For instance, the 603 that somebody mentioned is now the 653, with different timings and route variations/changes and extension, the 607 has been increased to every 20 mins frequency outside the peak hours Mon-Sat, then half hourly outside that, including Sundays.) Make full use of the evening 607 services; if not, they could well go, some of you may remember we almost lost all the evening services due to the economic cuts two years ago, the Sunday evenings were off the road for six months, & only brought back by protest on a use or lose basis. By the way, the mini - cabs stopped their special-offer fares for this period ; coincidence - you decide!

Note: UNO do a group ticket at £9 for up to four people valid after 09.30 Mon-Fri, anytime weekends/bank holidays, giving unlimited travel over the entire UNO network- £ 2.25 each, not bad value for money.

If you are commuting in by train the Plusbus scheme would be of help to you; www.plusbus.info

With Plusbus,for a small add on to your train fare, normally around £2 to 3 a day, you can get unlimited bus travel within certain local zones with all the bus companies, the ones that operate in and around the the two campuses are UNO (the main players) Arriva, which operate the 300/301 -nearest these two routes stop to de Hav is the Amada Comet Hotel, opposite the front of the campus) and Sullivans (330). Since 01 Sept 13, Centrebus no longer run the 341, having has been contracted back to UNO (This has gone from being run initially by UNO to Centrebus, to Road Runner, to Centrebus, all within about eighteen months, and finally back to UNO with revised timings.)

The Young Persons 16-25 Rail card could be of use to you. £30/a year, £70 for three if bought on-line, or four years for free if taking out student account with Santander (with strings attached of course!) & Tesco offer one for a year in exchange for £15 worth of vouchers. I believe with an NUS card you can get even further reductions in addition.

Hertfordshire County Council ( HCC) have a very good site giving all bus and train services in Hertfordshire for around Hatfield you need section four.
    Just go to www.intalink.org.uk

Also keep in mind that at weekends (mainly Sundays) in Sept- Nov there will be some disruption and bus substitutes for trains between Hatfield- King`s Cross due to the rebuilding of Hatfield station, with a new more user-friendly bridge and lift being installed first. Go to the First Capital Connect site for details.

Hope this helps; let me know if I can be of further assistance.

ReputationRep:

Thanks y'all.
    Further to my other article:

I see you are London based, so if lectures start at 09.00 there is a train from King`s Cross at 07.36, stops Finsbury Park 07.41, Potters Bar 07.51, arrives Hatfield 07.57. The all-station stoppers to Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City from Moorgate (diverted to and from King`s Cross later weekday evenings & weekends) can also be caught from Fin. Pk.

From outside the station just about most of the buses you want except the 650 go from stop B :

Arriva 300/301- Departs at 08.13, 08.27, 08.41, takes around 8-10mins to The Amada Comet Hotel which is opposite de Hav. By the way you want the service which has St Albans & Hemel Hempstead on the destination indicator not Stevenage (unless returning back to the station) or you will end up going in the wrong direction will and have to walk back from the Hertford Rd. stop over a quarter of a mile away!

Note: since 01/09 UNO have re- taken over running of the 341 from Centrebus with different timings. For instance, the former very useful Centrebus 341 which departed the station at 08.15, going direct to The Forum and then the Galleria, arriving 08.26, no longer runs. Now UNO run the 341 at 07.32, going via The Forum ( 07.42) arriving de Hav 07.47. The next one after this is not until 09.22, although there is a 641 at 08.39 going only to The Forum arrive 08.49.

UNO - 653 Departs 07.52, 08.12, 08.32, arrives Forum 08.04, 08.24, 08.44, de Hav 08.18, 08.38, 08.58. If using this service you may find it quicker to alight at the first stop in College Lane which is by The Galleria/ Cavendish Way/Bishop`s Rise roundabout and walk from there (about 8mins) or, continue on to The Forum where there are free shuttles to de Hav from stop 4 at 10min intervals, taking 5 mins, ie Forum dep 08.13, 08.23, 08.33, 08.43, 08.53. Note: After departing from The Forum & arriving at de Hav the 653 goes circular via South Hatfield first, taking another 15 mins or so.

UNO 607- departs 08.15, 08.35,takes 18-20 mins to the back of de Hav, ( Albatross Way) a very short walk away.and although not so direct & circular, is normally one of the most reliable as it is a local in Hatfield service only, running every 20mins with sufficient recovery time allowed for reasonable time keeping. Note: the bus stop afixed to the lamp post at the back of de Hav almost opposite the Law School car park gates (a useful short cut onto Campus) is marked `Temporary Flag` and is not shown on the timetables/maps until the road comes under Council control at end of this year or next; although it has been there since the estate was built! This is a request stop, so make your intentions clear to the driver or you will end up at The Parkhouse bus station opposite the rear of The Galleria and have to double back along Comet Way!

There is also a limited stop Greenline 724 ( Harlow-Heathrow) which calls at the station 08.39, stops only at Gracemead House in Hatfield Town Centre, The Galleria, and then Ellenbrook Lane about 5 mins walk from the Sports Village end of the campus. Check for fare prices on this route- sometimes special premium ones apply.

Keep in mind that routes such as the 300/01 3/641 & 724 come from the likes of Stevenage, Broxbourne & Harlow & can run late due to peak hour traffic and heavy loadings.

Last but not least- UNO 650- The Business Park Shuttle, until recently normally a bendybus, departs from stop A (not B) a few yards away at 20min intervals ie 08.03. 08.23, 08.43 and arrives after travelling via the Business Park ( Mosquito Way) opposite The Comet Hotel for de Hav some 8 mins later. For students a very useful but for some reason, possibly because they are unaware of it, an under used service.

Useful sites: www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk
    www.arrivabus.co.uk
    www.centrebus.com
    www.unobus.info
    www.16-25railcard.co.uk
    www.plusbus.info
    www.intalink.org.uk

Let me know if this helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.