Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting AS Chemistry in September and I'm studying OCR (B) Salters, and need to get a revision guide. However I have seen that there are so many different ones out there, and want to know from previous students which one is the best. I've know from GCSE just how dire and unhelpful some guides can be, and I don't want to waste money A massive thanks in advance. x

ReputationRep:
    Hey there. While you're waiting for a reply to your post, we thought we'd give your thread a timely bump.

But don't twiddle your thumbs in the meantime! Kick off your revision and study time by heading to our Learn Together section.

In Learn Together, you'll find interactive study tools to help make your revision quicker and easier. We've also got thousands of handpicked assignments analysed by great teachers, so you can learn from top-marked work. And there's tons more too: get started on Learn Together now!

ReputationRep:
    Well I assume you'll be given the Chemical Ideas and Storylines books by your school (or at least I was). I found that the revision guide which best complimented the aforementioned textbooks was this one, it provides a good account of what knowledge is required and is very exam-content orientated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alix_js)
    I'm starting AS Chemistry in September and I'm studying OCR (B) Salters, and need to get a revision guide. However I have seen that there are so many different ones out there, and want to know from previous students which one is the best. I've know from GCSE just how dire and unhelpful some guides can be, and I don't want to waste money A massive thanks in advance. x
    Make sure you do LOADS and I mean LOADS of past papers!

Chemical ideas helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manic_fuzz)
    Well I assume you'll be given the Chemical Ideas and Storylines books by your school (or at least I was). I found that the revision guide which best complimented the aforementioned textbooks was this one, it provides a good account of what knowledge is required and is very exam-content orientated.
    Thank you, and yes I'll have the Ideas and Storylines books. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisshP)
    Make sure you do LOADS and I mean LOADS of past papers!

Chemical ideas helps
    Thanks, and I know that I'm going to have to work REALLY hard! The amount of people on here that say how hard it is... also I'll have all my exams in Summer! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alix_js)
    Thanks, and I know that I'm going to have to work REALLY hard! The amount of people on here that say how hard it is... also I'll have all my exams in Summer! x
    I had all my exams in summer as well. Don't let that put you so off. Keep up with the work and make notes after going over a topic on class to consolidate your learning. I used the chemical ideas book to make my notes and I did all past papers like 2/3 times, ended up with an A .

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I recommend doing most of your revision from chemical ideas and story lines, that's what I did then I'd read through the revision guide manic fuzz mentioned the night before as a last minute recap

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.