The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Langwith Premium Standard or Ensuite

I've decided on Langwith as my college, but I'm struggling to choose between the ensuite and standard accommodation. I really like the idea of house style accommodation, and obviously the price is better, but I have reservations about sharing a bathroom. Moreover, I'm worried that living in a 8 person house would be isolating compared to a 12 person flat in a building with loads of other flats. I haven't visited either accommodation, as when I went to the open day I was planning on living at Heslington West. Could any current students offer opinions on the pros and cons of the two room types? I only have two days to decide.
Reply 1
Original post by Kimiechi
I've decided on Langwith as my college, but I'm struggling to choose between the ensuite and standard accommodation. I really like the idea of house style accommodation, and obviously the price is better, but I have reservations about sharing a bathroom. Moreover, I'm worried that living in a 8 person house would be isolating compared to a 12 person flat in a building with loads of other flats. I haven't visited either accommodation, as when I went to the open day I was planning on living at Heslington West. Could any current students offer opinions on the pros and cons of the two room types? I only have two days to decide.

I lived in a 12 person last year so I should be able to give you an opinion. Nothing really wrong with either but I found having my own bathroom was really nice (Especially the Langwith ones) and convenient for nights out. One thing that you mention that is true, in the blocks with other flats around you, you generally get to know them as well maybe easier than the houses. However it may mean you're closer to your house than a flat so I dunno. If you want your own bathroom take the ensuite but the house is also fine.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Thanks! I think I'm going to go for ensuite :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending