Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm about start my A-levels and I have my heart set on going to Bath University to study economics (Requires A*AA) or Accounting and Finance (Requires AAA). I am going to be studying Economics, Maths, Geography, History at A-Level. I literally do not want to go anywhere else after going on open days with my brother and everything! So what I would like help with is and ideas,advice or helpful suggestions anyone may have as to how to 1. Get Brownie points with the university of bath 2. How to further my knowledge and understanding of Economics or Finance as a general thing in order to show that I am keen as they like extra curricular activities to do with the topic :') thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjames_98)
    I'm about start my A-levels and I have my heart set on going to Bath University to study economics (Requires A*AA) or Accounting and Finance (Requires AAA). I am going to be studying Economics, Maths, Geography, History at A-Level. I literally do not want to go anywhere else after going on open days with my brother and everything! So what I would like help with is and ideas,advice or helpful suggestions anyone may have as to how to 1. Get Brownie points with the university of bath 2. How to further my knowledge and understanding of Economics or Finance as a general thing in order to show that I am keen as they like extra curricular activities to do with the topic :') thank you!
    If you really want to go there, you should show them that you're capable in maths. This could be done by doing further maths or scoring highly in maths modules.

I guess to further your knowledge you should read around the subject. Read magazines, newspapers, and books and you should be fine.

As for extra-curriculars, they aren't looked at too much for economics, but try and do things like DofE, Young Enterprise, Target 2.0, etc...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.